Loose Skin help

Options
I just wanted to ask the experienced members if there is a good way to try to have your skin be less loose after losing? I've heard a few opinions..."Get on it now." or "Don't work on it until you lose x-amount of weight." I have 100lbs to lose and I really want to do all that I can to keep my skin as tight as I can. Tips and tricks you can share? Thanks so much!!
~Ans~

Replies

• Beths8705
    Options
    I would love to know more about this as well!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've lost 95 pounds, and I don't have an excess of loose skin. The only place where I'm showing a bit more skin is on my tummy, but I think that's more as a result of being pregnant and having a c-section than the weight loss.

I think the key for me and my skin, was that I didn't lose weight fast - It has taken me 2 years to lose this weight. . . I think if you lose it quicker, your skin has less time to adjust.

Not sure if this has any validity to it - I'm a designer, not a trainer - Maybe someone more "into" personal training, etc. will have an accurate opinion?
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I lost 95 lbs. once and all i did was tone up a bit while i was loosing the weight. I would get in the floor and do leg raises and crucnhes and sit ups and stuff. The only loose skin i had was on my lower abs, but i gained all that weight back and i am almost 20 yrs. older now, so i don't know how it is going to be when i lose the weight this time.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    dont lose too quickly...slow and steady wins the race! Also do strength training is what ive heard as well..
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answers! I need all the help I can get. I am 44, so I know my skin is not in as good shape as it ought to be. I am trying desperately to drink more water. I am really bad about this and I know its good for your skin. Any recommendations on lotions or oils that help moisturize?
  • Essexgirly
    Options
    I can give you my personal experience of a big weight loss, im 41 yrs old i have lost 7 stone now over the last 4 years and have exercised and done weight training throughout this whole period. I am now 154lb but i have loose skin under the tops of my arms (bingo wings!), also round my stomach and tops of my legs, i have moisturised throughout, done everything people recommend etc but the skin is still there.

Unfortunately the older you get the less elastin your skin has in it, so it wont just spring back like it does for someone in their 20's :(

Dont let that put you off though, id rather have loose skin and look a lot better in clothes than i did before i lost the weight, and nothing would make me go back to being larger again so i now feel i have a whole new lease of life, im probably the fittest i've ever been in my life and have refound my love of buying clothes and taking pride in my appearance!

Good luck with it, if you want any help or advice id be happy to help :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I was told PreparationH rubbed on your skin while losing weight helps with the extra skin. I have not tried it yet, but it is cheaper than a tummy tuck after the weight is lost.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Prep H is great for TEMPORARY tightening of loose skin such as under eye bags. Effects dissapear when it is washed off if not before.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you Essex! I appreciate the advice and congrats on your loss!! That is awesome! JoDee I had heard that somewhere, too but think of the mess! LOL