Question about Atkins bars

Options
Hi,
I'm working on a low carb low sugar diet and I have a sweet tooth. I went to the store and I bought the Atkins Caramel Nut Rolls.
I was going to eat one today but I don't want to waste my calories on something that is nasty.
Do you have any opinions about these bars?
Do you have any other good Ideas for a low carb low sugar sweet tooth that won't steal all of my calories? Thanks!!

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the atkins nut fudge brownie bars and the peanut caramel cluster... they're to die for.
  • FreeKatrina
    FreeKatrina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have tried alot of the atkins bars, they are all pretty good!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the Caramel Nut Rolls.. tastes like a pay day to me!! If your not gonna eat it, can I have it? LOL
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm working on a low carb low sugar diet and I have a sweet tooth. I went to the store and I bought the Atkins Caramel Nut Rolls.
    I was going to eat one today but I don't want to waste my calories on something that is nasty.
    Do you have any other good Ideas for a low carb low sugar sweet tooth that won't steal all of my calories? Thanks!!

So....you already bought them.....and now you're asking if they're good because you don't want to waste calories on them....now that you've ALREADY bought them.....? That makes sense. :noway:
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    My fav is the Chocolate Hazelnut bar...definitely worth the calories!

http://www.atkins.com/Products/ProductDetail49/Chocolate-Chip-Crisp-Bar.aspx
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything like that...they may not be as low carb as they claim. I stick with food naturally low in carbs.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The choc brownie bar is nice. Most of the advantage bars have a few too cals to be a snack in my calorie budget though. The daybreak bars are OK.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    LOVE em! And if you freeze them, they take longer to eat and are much better IMO!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi,

So....you already bought them.....and now you're asking if they're good because you don't want to waste calories on them....now that you've ALREADY bought them.....? That makes sense. :noway:

Well, if they did turn out to be gross she could give them to someone she doesn't like! :laugh: I've had second thoughts about food after buying it too, usually based on calories though.
  • yeaforme
    Options
    Hi,

So I'm an impulse shopper. I held a Payday in my hand the other day for like 10 minutes before I finally put it back in the Halloween Bowl. I was having another "weak moment" while I was at the store. If they were no good, I know plenty of people who will eat em. Just because I can... Doesn't mean I should.
  • yeaforme
    Options
    LOVE em! And if you freeze them, they take longer to eat and are much better IMO!

Ohhh. Good Idea!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    IMO, and it's just that, I think you're better off eating real foods and not "products".

If you would like some ideas for things to eat that fall within a lower carb lifestyle, here are some blogs you could visit ...

nomnompaleo.com
    theclothesmakethegirl.com
    everydaypaleo.com

I'm sure you'll find some treats there that will be healthier for you than some chemical laden food product.

Again, just my opinion and I mean no disrespect towards you whatsoever. :flowerforyou:
  • yeaforme
    Options
    IMO, and it's just that, I think you're better off eating real foods and not "products".

If you would like some ideas for things to eat that fall within a lower carb lifestyle, here are some blogs you could visit ...

nomnompaleo.com
    theclothesmakethegirl.com
    everydaypaleo.com

I'm sure you'll find some treats there that will be healthier for you than some chemical laden food product.

Again, just my opinion and I mean no disrespect towards you whatsoever. :flowerforyou:

Oh! No offense taken! This is why I asked. I completely agree and thank you for the tip. I will check out those sites!
    I much prefer natural foods to processed but once in awhile I just want a piece of junk. Rather than over indulge in the Halloween Bucket (oh trust me, I've done it) I thought this might be a good option. Not for a daily snack but for a real "I NEED A SWEET OR I WILL DIE" moment.
    I really appreciate everyone helping me. You're all wonderful! Thanks!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the Caramel Nut Rolls.. tastes like a pay day to me!! If your not gonna eat it, can I have it? LOL

I will take the extras...I love em and can eat them all day.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Hi,

So I'm an impulse shopper. I held a Payday in my hand the other day for like 10 minutes before I finally put it back in the Halloween Bowl. I was having another "weak moment" while I was at the store. If they were no good, I know plenty of people who will eat em. Just because I can... Doesn't mean I should.

I'm an impulse shopper too. I get that. Why don't you just put them up until they sound good again?
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I've tried all the atkins bars, and I couldn't lose weight when I ate them ! They are not natural and too filled with chemicals.
    But that's just my experience.

Sweet tooth options:
    -Mix a tiny bit of peanut butter and a few chocolate chips, then microwave a few seconds.
    -Slice apple and top with cinnamon, put in a dish with a little water, then microwave until hot. (low carb apple pie)

yum
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Think Thin has a HUGE selection of flavors and they all have 0 sugar and 0 gluten. Those are really good. I especially like the white chocolate, the chocolate peanut butter, and the orange creamsicle flavors. But really, they're all good. I don't know what grocery stores you have near you, but I've found them at Winco and some Fred Meyers.

Pure Protein is also pretty good -- about the same calories as Think Thin, but they have 2 grams of sugar (still WAY less than most of these types of bars). Not as many flavors as the Think Thin, but the ones they do have are pretty good.
  • yeaforme
    Options
    I haven't really tried any of these bars before.
    I took half of the bar and tasted it. It had a funny after taste to me.
    I think I can live without it. It wasn't that good to me so I had an apple instead. At least I know now.
  • bbabs99
    bbabs99 Posts: 51
    Options
    Personally, my favorite low carb snacks are eggs and cheeses. Very filling mix of fat and protein in both.