SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! - April Fools edition

cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
So I'm gearing up for my half marathon today, followed by a swim across Lake Ontario...

Just kidding. :bigsmile: Strength routine, aerobics tonight, and pushups. I gave myself permission not to lose any weight in March, and with the exception of the 2 pounds I put on in the week before getting back to exercising and then lost the following week, I haven't lost. So, OK. I am going to finish out this week and then I will have to seriously think about counting calories again. Le sigh.

It's amazing the difference in my metabolism now versus when I started, when I consider it. I actually get HUNGRY now, especially after working out - it's almost like my body is actually using the food that I eat! :laugh: Sounds strange, but I never really used to get hungry - mostly just sugar cravings. And I could go the whole day without eating and barely notice. I've never been sensitive in terms of blood sugar (like getting irritable or foggy when I don't eat), but now I definitely notice being hungry a lot more than before. I am sure this is a good thing overall... but it means that the prospect of cutting my calories isn't one I relish.

Off to work. April Fools boogaloo!

Replies

• cp005e
    So I'm gearing up for my half marathon today, followed by a swim across Lake Ontario...

Just kidding. :bigsmile: Strength routine, aerobics tonight, and pushups. I gave myself permission not to lose any weight in March, and with the exception of the 2 pounds I put on in the week before getting back to exercising and then lost the following week, I haven't lost. So, OK. I am going to finish out this week and then I will have to seriously think about counting calories again. Le sigh.

It's amazing the difference in my metabolism now versus when I started, when I consider it. I actually get HUNGRY now, especially after working out - it's almost like my body is actually using the food that I eat! :laugh: Sounds strange, but I never really used to get hungry - mostly just sugar cravings. And I could go the whole day without eating and barely notice. I've never been sensitive in terms of blood sugar (like getting irritable or foggy when I don't eat), but now I definitely notice being hungry a lot more than before. I am sure this is a good thing overall... but it means that the prospect of cutting my calories isn't one I relish.

Off to work. April Fools boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    I have always hated Aprils fools. I guess because I am pretty gullible. Or at least I used to be.
    I thought I was going to die yesterday evening. Ok, not really, but I felt SO bad. I dug in the medicine cabinet and found some Robitussin CF. I took some and went to bed. I slept 7 hours straight! And I was breathing through my nose! Do I feel more rested this morning? Maybe a little but I still want to go back to bed. Even with Tylenol it's hard to make the headache go away. I do feel a tad bit better this morning though.
    So today is:
    taking Alex to horse therapy (he's just as sick as I am I guess)
    stop at Sprouts and get a few things
    do dishes
    make dinner
    and that's about all I am going to have energy for. I may take a nap as well. I will be so relieved to get over this and get back to life.
    I ordered a 5 disc turbo jam set a few days ago. I figured I'd give it a try. Not yet though. :tongue:
    Oh boy. Alex is in a bad mood this morning. Lovely.
    Have a good day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning,

Today is the very fun task of getting my Ontario driver's license. . .I've been putting it off because it involves going to the DMV (or whatever it's called here. . .) and having my picture taken. Which are probably my least favourite things to do. I'm renting a car on Friday, and want to have the recognizable local license. Also, my American one expires on my birthday (in a little over a month.)

Then, this evening, I will go to yoga at the gym. (I like the Wednesday teacher) and hopefully stretch and savasana all the frustration from the above adventure out.

And, I'm going to try to get two hours of project work in. (conference prep is sucking my time away from me this week for sure. . .)

DMV boogaloo!

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday I ended up walking rather than doing yoga. I think I'll just have to do videos at home. I might just be making excuses, but I think I spend a lot of time in silence and have a hard time adding extra silence to the day. I did jog a mile yesterday, so I'm proud of that.

Today - weights, yoga, and bike to the library. Even though my favorite teacher teaches at 5:30pm on Wed, I think I'm going to go to the morning (9:45am) class. I don't like being late for yoga (6:10pm), though it's ok with my teacher. The other option is to leave the afternoon weights class early. I feel like I'm not doing right by one teacher no matter what I do. Maybe I have an overactive sense of guilt.

MM - I'm so gullible. My mom gets me almost every year.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Cool photo, MWD!

Yesterday was a good day -- I went to my favorite core/ booty class and stayed for the bonus half hour at the end where the teacher (an ethereal goddess) went more in depth into abs work and form. I floated out of there! Then I ended up going for a long walk with my friend and her dog, which was a nice way to catch up instead of always going out for drinks.

(Although I did end up going out for one drink as well)

Today:
    * Work on my posture, especially tightening my core when driving, in line, etc. I've gotten kind of slumpy lately
    * 45 minutes of mixed cardio at the gym
    * 20 minutes of weights
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    New rule for me: stay away from the yogurt pretzels! :grumble: That's not going to help me. I'm sure I've probably gained back every pound I've ever lost in like three days. I will not eat all afternoon. I will not eat all afternoon. I will not eat all afternoon. I will not eat all afternoon. I will not eat....
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Yippy dippy doooo booogalooooo!!!! :blushing: :blushing:

I just found out that I won a national award for upcoming athletic trainers in the college & university setting!!! YIPEEEEEEEEE! You have no idea how stupid I look jumping around like a kid on Christmas morning & all giggly! I'M SUCH A DORK!!!!! :laugh:

Monica, Welcom back! YAY, you go girl, can I borrow some of your workouts? You're on a roll!
    Melissa, you will eat this afternoon, but healthfully! Not eating = not good!

So yesteday, the college hosted a sports nurtitionist who met with our staff separately. Here is how you should calculate daily cals; I"M !,000 cal UNDER based on MFP!!!!)

for ladies only (different formula for men)
    1.) body weight X 11 =BMR

(sedentary = less than 3 hours cardio/week & sedentary job = .25
    active = min 3 hours cardio & move during day = .50
    very active = more than 7 hours & very active during day = .75)

2.) BMR X activity level above =physical activity calories

(high fat diet = .05 High carb diet = 1.0 mod fat/mod carb = .075

3.) BMR X diet = thermal effects of food

4) add BMR + physical activity + thermal effects for Total energy expenditure

here's the tricky part, you need to know body fat %!!!
    take body fat - 22
    subtract this number from 100%
    (ie. 100% (28% bf -22) = 94)
    Total Energy Expenditure X above number as decimal (ie. .94)

EQUALS recommended calorie consumption

Sorry that was long, but it is actually pretty close to where I end up when I don't pay attention to my cals for the day; odd how our bodies "KNOW" what they need!!!

Happy Flappy!
    Arianne :bigsmile:
  • yoginimary

I assume the second one should be .1, not 1.0? Otherwise the difference is a factor of 10.

Cool calculator. Mine's like 2600.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Hi everyone,

Arianne-congrats!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
    MM-I love yog pretzels as well very easy to overdo it:tongue:

Goals:

1) hydrate:happy:
    2) stay in cals: over again, but not horribly:frown: ......though I lost nothing last week (maintained) today
    was my weigh day. I went over drastically a couple days last week.
    3) one fruit two veg: two fruit/one veg
    4) exersise three days: did 2nd day today
    5) work under 8.5: 9 today

not too bad today,

hump day boogaloo

Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member

I assume the second one should be .1, not 1.0? Otherwise the difference is a factor of 10.

Cool calculator. Mine's like 2600.

Mine's 2524. . .wow. Why aren't I skinny? I never eat that much. Am I not skinny because I don't eat that much? The confusion continues. . .I know what I'm "supposed" to do, and you're right Arianne, that's about what I eat when I don't calorie restrict. Hmmmm. . .

Super-mega happy dance congratulations boogaloo on your award.:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • cp005e
    Interesting stuff, Arianne! I always have a problem with the activity level:
    (sedentary = less than 3 hours cardio/week & sedentary job = .25
    active = min 3 hours cardio & move during day = .50
    very active = more than 7 hours & very active during day = .75)

I always pick sedentary because my job is totally sedentary. But lately I've been getting around 4 hours/week of cardio, plus a couple hours/week of walking. So would that be active?

What percentages of fat/carb would be considered high or moderate?
    Funny, I was guessing that it was supposed to be 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0. But that seems way too high if I actually do the calculation.

If I go with sedentary and moderate thermal effect (assuming 0.075), I'm at 2236. If I go with active, it's more like 2685. It's been awhile since I've logged, but I'd be really surprised if I ate that much on a regular basis. I'm guessing I average around 1700-2000 when I'm not thinking about it.

And huge congratulations on your award! :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    Oh yeah, congrats on the award.

CP - I used in-between - active and very active at .6 - not that I'm counting calories - but I get around 7+ hours of cardio in, but it's not all high intensity - and I would say that I'm moderately active during the day.