Does Food Make you Cry

Options
My husband and kids eat anything and everything. We stop by McDonalds and I don;t get anything, but the fact that it smells so good, and I know it wold ruin me makes me cry, seriously a week build up of watching them eat whatever and not gain a pound hurts me to see. I love food. I love the way it tastes. How can it not get to me soo bad.

I also get super mad and cranky while they're eating...esspecially at my husband, who knows it's killing me to watch them eat it.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Onions make me cry.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Onions make me cry.

White onions, red not so much.
  • aliburstall
    Options
    I don't crave junk food any more, I've been clean eating for more than three weeks so McDonald's makes me nauseated, but it's a little rude of your husband to sabotage your diet like that. Maybe suggest to him that he stop somewhere a little healthier so you can dine with the family.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That sucks! Well you'll feel better. And I remember the horrible after taste Mcdonalds would leaving in my mouth. Watch the documentary Food Inc and I'm pretty sure that'll kill that craving lol. You could order a grilled chicken salad. Those are good. Or find an alternative fast food. If they don't want that then you'll be stopping at two places. Mines the sushi place :)so they get junk and I get sushi. Not 100% great but better.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hun, that's not food. hold out, you'll get over your cravings. The reaction we have to junk food is like a drug addiction. its true. Just hold out and you'll see that eating healthier tastes better and is more rewarding.
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't crave junk food any more, I've been clean eating for more than three weeks so McDonald's makes me nauseated, but it's a little rude of your husband to sabotage your diet like that. Maybe suggest to him that he stop somewhere a little healthier so you can dine with the family.

he is seriously worse than the kids. Grilled Cheese, Plain McDoubles, Cheese Pizza, Velveta Shells and Cheese with Bacon, and on occasion Steak'em sandwhiches with lots and lots of cheese. I've begged and pleaded with him to change his diet, but he wont budge. I even said that maybe if he switched it up he'd gain some muscle. (he's 6ft1 and weighs 109lbs)
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get to you. You can eat McDonald's, but you have to do it in moderation. Look at the menu. Plan out what you will eat and what you won't. Stick to it. When I go, I get a happy meal. It fills all my cravings (coke, cheeseburgers, fries) but doesn't wreck my body.

However, I think you should tell your hubby how it makes you feel so you don't wack him with an ax....
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Plus you could save on calories by getting an unsweetened ice tea, or a water for the drink and a side salad instead of fries. There are options at fast food places, you just have to look.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I only order the oatmeal at McDonald's. The serve it all day. We hardly ever go there, but if we do, the rest of the food makes me nauseous now!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    only onions:)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    There IS food that makes me cry, but McDonald's sure isn't it!

I can't stand the smell of even walking by one!

Maybe it's because my college roomie worked at MickeyD's back in the 100% polyester uniform days of the early 80s. When I opened up the closet we shared where she kept her laundry basket, I would get smacked with that awful dirty-laundry greasy french fry day-old McDonald's smell. Ewwwww!!!!!
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it's not just McDonalds it's everything, Burger, BBQ, Desserts, a whole slew of things. McDonalds is the example i was giving because I was so hungry at that part of the day, but as the holidays near i know it's just going to get worse. and no my husband will not change his habbits