Help with my food I'm eating

Options
Hello I'm new on here and I have lost 5 pounds total since Oct 3rd but I don't think I'm eating right I see my sodium intake is way to high and not enough protien Could you all tell me if I'm on the right track or not.Thanks

Replies

• hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    If possible, I would up your fiber intake. Eat lots of fruit and veggies...that will help get rid of "excess weight" that might be sitting in your gut, if you know what I mean.
  • char_Oh
    char_Oh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • aliburstall
    Options
    You should reduce sodium, definitely. Lean protein is easy to get, go buy yourself a can of Dymatize ISO - 100 Whey protein powder isolate, it's high in easily absorbed protein which is low in carbs and calories.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I didn't look too far back, but it seems like you are eating a lot of processed foods. Making more of your meals yourself will help you cut back on your sodium. A lot of store bought soups are especially bad for sodium content. You also don't seem to be eating a whole lot of fruits and veggies. You did have a salad for lunch a couple days, but watch the dressings. They can really add up in calories and sodium. If you can, try a simple oil and vinegar dressing you make yourself.
  • char_Oh
    char_Oh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is there a recipe for the oil and vinegar dressing ??
  • maadee91
    Options
    I just use maybe two teaspoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of vinegar, and it works great for me. good luck!