C25k

Options
Hello All,

I have marathon coming on Dec 10th and wish to participate for that. I wish to run 5 k...I checked out C25K but the method is not very clear as it asks to walk or run 30 to 90 secs and so on its not easy to look at watch and do that in such frequency..anybody as easy way to let me know how to practice for 5 k rum without looking at watch every 30 or 60 secs...

Thank you all in advance.....
Regards....

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    If you have an Ipod, Iphone or Android phone, download the app, it will tell you when to run/walk as needed well you listen to your music.
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? If you do you can download the app and it will beep every time you need to change. Other than that I would recommend setting a timer on your phone to go off at the intervals or a stopwatch.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The app is also available for Blackberry.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod touch, there is an app that has voice prompts that tell you when to switch. You can also create a playlist within the app so you can listen to music as you run.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't have a smartphone, there are playlists out there with music, that queue at the correct times.
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can download fan-made C25K from a number of sites and put them on your MP3 player. The music changes and there is a countdown to signal when you should walk/run. No looking at your watch.

I like the music on Go Nicole Yourself at http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html

and also Suz's Couch to 5K Running Podcasts at http://feeds.feedburner.com/suzcouchto5k
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get on your phone?
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get on your phone?