Not sure where this question belongs... Ladies 40+

I am looking for day and night moisturizer. I have used Clarins and Estée Lauder... I liked Clarins more but wondering if any of you have any recommendation. This question is not weight loss related but still part of health...maintaining. Suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks -grace

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    I haven't used either, but I do use olay regenerist. Not to heavy, good scent and it doesn't make me greasy.
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    i like the ones from bath and body works. i think it is better than the lancome stuff i have.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    I am looking for day and night moisturizer. I have used Clarins and Estée Lauder... I liked Clarins more but wondering if any of you have any recommendation. This question is not weight loss related but still part of health...maintaining. Suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks -grace

I swear by two things...

1. A Clarisonic facial cleansing brush: http://www.clarisonic.com/
    It cleans my skin like nothing else. I've even stopped using other products to clean my face after washing my face. :) The best thing about it is that it prepares your skin for anything you want to use on it (ie. moisturizer, acne cream, etc.) and makes it more effective.

2. Lexli skin products: http://www.lexli.com/
    Especially the AloeGlyC and the night moisturizer. There are other moisturizers available too. These are products developed by a local cosmetic surgeon and his wife, who specializes in skin care (and is also a cosmetic surgeon). I learned about the products at Business After Hours a number of years ago and can't get enough of this product.

It's always hard to tell how well a product works... but I get compliments on how I don't look my age. That is partly genetics... but I think it's mostly taking care of my skin by using a lot of sunblock and other really great products like the one's above. :)
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    I would suggest you go to www . beautypedia . com
    there you can check out the reviews of tons of moisturizers and choose one specially formulated for your skin type
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    iam 37, but everyone says I look 27. My secret is Mary Kay! Works so well for wrinkles, creams, and make up!
  • prawnista
    prawnista Posts: 4 Member
    I'm guessing you are in the UK, so if not sorry. I was using Boots No 7 Perfect and Protect Intensive day and night creams for about 4-5 months and my skin seemed to look loads better, less blotchy/less dry/less spotty - that may have just been a coincidence though as I adopted a much healthier lifestyle just before then - but probably not. Then a friend told me about Aldi's Lacura range, which has been featured in various women's magazines but has also won awards - it's loads cheaper than Boots, which was not expensive either, and my skin is still looking good. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Thank you ladies... I will check out your recommendations :-)
  • lina20
    lina20 Posts: 130 Member