Chocolate protein powder mix HELP!!

Options
My husband bought a HUGE bag of protein powder mix from costco but neither of us like the shake itself. I need receipies or ideas to make it not taste so BLAH!!

Replies

• DBiggs23
    Options
    i would add peanut butter and ice and blend it together : )
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Do you mix it with water or milk? Mixing with milk makes a huge difference :]
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    mix with vanilla coconut milk and ice...or almond milk and ice? and/or iced coffee?
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Mix a scoop with an egg and 1/4 cup ground flax meal, to make chocolate pancakes.
    Mix it into plain Greek Yogurt (to taste).
    Mix with one cup coffee, one handful ice, then top with a little whipped cream.

Brownies: 3 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein, 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, 1 whole egg, 4 oz water
    - Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
    - Pour batter into microwave-safe container
    - Microwave for 5-8 minutes. (until you notice bubbles starting to form and the top is becoming firmer)
    - Remove, cover, and let set at room temperature for 20 minutes

French silk pie:
    Crust: 1 cup chopped pecans (pea-sized chunks), 2 T melted butter, 3 T splenda
    Mix well & press into bottom of 8” pie pan.
    Filling:
    8 oz. whipped cream cheese, Half pint (16 T) heavy cream, whipped
    2 scoop chocolate-flavored protein powder (or more… to taste)
    Mix well and scoop into pie pan on top of crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
    Options:
    For a more cheesecake-like consistency, use regular cream cheese instead of whipped.
    Can be made with any flavor of protein powder (chocolate, strawberry, cherry).
    Also makes a great frozen treat.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Soy milk tastes better to me than regular milk. Make sure you're mixing really well.
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I buy that from costco too....I mix one cup milk, i scoop powder, 1/2 banana and i tbs peanut butter, add some ice and blend in magic bullet. Delicious!

Its also good with milk and frozen strawberries
  • thardin323
    Options
    Well, I lived on nothing but protein shakes for 2 years, so I might have a few ideas for you. I will just start ratting off things that I have done with protein mix
    prepare it in a blender with an ice cube to get a shake consistency. I have found the COLDER the better the taste -- so regardless of what you do with it ---- put it in th freezer for about 2 or 3 minutes before tasting. If you can make it into a pudding with less water, try this option. It takes longer to eat and feels more like eating. Get a fancy bowl to eat in in every time. Same thing with shakes, get a real nice glass to drink them in. Now --- you can get some Hershey baking powder in the tin (it is not sweetened and does not taste good by itself) and put just a little pinch or like 1/8 of a teaspoon (smallest measure spoon in your bunch) and put this into the power when you mix it. It gives it just a richer taste and the chocolate is especially good for women and their craving for it. It is a medically known fact that it releases some serotonin in the brain to make you feel better. It sounds crazy --- but also try putting a dash of cinnamon in with the chocolate mix. It does not make it taste like chocolate and cinnamon but just takes away some of the protein taste. I also keep some fat free cool whip (in the can) in the fridge and a little squirt of this on a protein pudding put in the freezer for a couple of minutes or put on top of a shake made in the blender really make it taste good for about 10 calories. You also could sprinkle in some sugar free jello into the mix as well --- like strawberry, raspberry, cherry. Those all go good with chocolate. Hope this gives you a few ideas!!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Blend it up with frozen kirkland strawberries + a spoonful of peanut butter and a couple of splenda if you have a sweet tooth! For an extra filling meal you can add 1/3 cup of uncooked quick oats...it will stick with you all morning...
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh and another thing to try is mixing it up with a "blender Bottle" you can get these at health food stores. It really helps break up any clumps or anything that might not want to break up...
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yes i add some greek yoghurt,and coffee it makes a nice mocha shake,i also add some cinnamon, i always use skim milk and bamix it.
  • Lotstoluv263
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. Yes I do use water, I will try milk and see if it makes a difference.