help !! Im not sure if im doing anything wrong.

Options
im at 163 currently. but lately i have been going from 163 to 166, back and forth. So i was wondering if im stuck at this weight , or can i get to my goal (135)..

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Maybe change your workout routine to something different. Try that for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    It can really depend on what type of exercise you're doing, how long you've been doing it, and the types of food you eat. I didn't go looking at your food diary much, but I noticed that you typically have 20-30 minutes of Elliptical or Stair master. Is there any other type of cardio training you like to do? I know it's tough to run, as I struggle with that myself a lot. Also, have you considered some kind of strength training? Even calisthenics are a different way to burn calories. Try some sit-ups/squats or even push-ups if you can.

Okay, peeked a little at your food diary. The other option I suggest is don't be afraid to meet, if not exceed a little, your calorie goal. There are a few days where you eat less than 1200 calories. This, I know based on my past, is not good for you at all. I would strongly suggest you meet the calorie goal that MFP places for you. It may seem like more than you want, but your body will handle it appropriately. Eating less than 1200 and your body goes into a starvation mode... sometimes storing what you eat, turning it to fat, and sometimes breaks down muscle instead when you work out.

Some people will argue (to the death, mind you) about whether or not you should eat back your burned calories. The truth is, it's different for everyone. If I don't, I don't lose weight at all. However, some people claim it either keeps them the same, or gains weight overall. Experiment with it... try eating back your workout calories... give it three weeks. If you see no progress, then try cutting a few calories, but make sure you're eating at least the 1400 MFP suggests.

That's my 2-cents... maybe it'll make a difference, but everyone's body is different. Hope this helps.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks okay from skimming through your food diary over the last week, so probably not that is the problem. :) I would try upping the amount of exercise you're doing, switch it up even with different types of workouts. When I hit the "wall" at 160 and kept going up and down between 150-155-160 I did that. Scheduled my workouts weekly so it became a routine for me 6 days a week. Do a different workout every day and started counting calories etc. That got me down to 140, so maybe try that for a month see what happens! Hope this helps! :) Good luck!