Any tips to reduce tummy/waist ?

Options
Hi everyone.:smile:
I am a pure veggie. I do not have meat or eggs. I have put on almost 38 pounds this year. I really do not have time for work-outs because i work for almost 10-12 hrs a day. I tried dieting but found it difficult to continue. Can you guys suggest me a diet and the things i am supposed to do? As the saying goes Desperate situations require desperate measures.. I am ready to slog it out. My thighs and abdomen are bulging drastically :sad:

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time to work out. I work 12 hour shifts (7pm til 7am.) Most days I work out twice a day. Before work and after work. You have to want it before it will work.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Why was dieting difficult? Is it possible you weren't eating enough or did you feel deprived? What sort of job do you have?
  • joshlikesmetal
    Options
    Diet and exercise is pretty much it. Take evening walks and be careful of your portion sizes.

It's hard but walks are good ways to relieve stress after a long day without you having to have a ton of energy,

Some more protein sounds like it could be in order as well.
  • Quarantined
    Options
    I used to do 12hr shifts as well, from 8am-8pm. You just have to MAKE time to get a workout in, excuses will only keep you fat.
    I would walk in my breaks at work and then go straight from work to the gym before coming home at night. It's not that hard to do, and you won't see the results you want unless you try.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I work anywhere from 50-60 hours in a week. I make time for working out. If you want to do your midsection, try bellydance. It's fun and doesn't have to take long. Also, try to lower your carb intake and the carbs you do eat, try to eat before about 2 in the afternoon. It makes a difference.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.:smile:
    I am a pure veggie. I do not have meat or eggs. I have put on almost 38 pounds this year. I really do not have time for work-outs because i work for almost 10-12 hrs a day. I tried dieting but found it difficult to continue. Can you guys suggest me a diet and the things i am supposed to do? As the saying goes Desperate situations require desperate measures.. I am ready to slog it out. My thighs and abdomen are bulging drastically :sad:

I used to work 12 hour shifts...and I also exercised 6 days a week. And during that time, I was doing the doubles plan for P90X and lost a conciderable amount of weight getting into the best shape of my life. Sorry, but this is a rotten excuse...

And I don't think you need to "diet" per se, just count your calories and eat less than you burn. You can gain weight on a brocolli and apple diet if you eat too many calories and don't workout.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    move more eat less. I work graveyard 5 days a week 10pm-7am. I make time to excercise. no excuses. as others said it's about wanting it and making time for it.
  • rvmss123
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions and motivation. I will try my best to exercise daily and also eat on a controlled basis. Hopefully it will work out