believe in ghosts???

Options
weird things happen in my house, i am not the only person here who has witnessed something either. my fiance tells me i'm crazy but i know what i have seen heard and felt not to mention he had an experience last week and so did my 15yr old son. so i'll tell ya some of the things...
we were sound asleep 1 night door closed under the covers and something slapped the top of my foot, i jumped up startled and gasped, then travis sits up and asks whats wrong? so i tell him "i just felt something slap my foot" he says "o it was me, its ok just lay back down" well 1st of all it could not have been him he was sleeping and would have been impossible from the position he was laying to have slapped my foot or to have even hit my foot with his foot. hmmm, moving on.

it always fells like you're being watched, particularly coming from the foyer and stair area...

weird noises alot, slamming noises when everyone is asleep, tap type noises

my dog who never barks randomly started barking at the stairs

travis the skeptic was in the garage with everything closed and there is a hula hoop that hangs on a hook on the wall, it
moved he saw it move while he was sitting out there smoking a cigarette, it moved enough to make the shaker thing inside
sound, he claims it must have been the wind

my 15 yr old son was getting something to drink one night and said he saw a shadow run by in the reflection on the back splash behind the stove, he was scared to the point he didn't even drink the drink just went back up to his room

but this house is only 4 yrs old, do u think ghosts can follow u from other places or that the land could have ghosts or do u think i am nuts lol, btw i don't care who thinks i am nuts i am living this and i wouldn't make up a story to myself...

Replies

• LighterEachDay
    Options
    Yeah, I think all kinds of thing are possible that we don't understand. Maybe you can find someone experienced in those kinds of things to come check the place out.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about your house, but I do believe in this sort of thing.

I have cat ghosts. I see them sometimes or just sense them and have even felt them rub against my leg before. I've moved a lot and it follows me.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yup
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1. yes i do
    2. kids are able to see them more easily!

3. the activity will increase the neare you are to halloween! true... :noway:
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try and contact ur local paranormal group, they probably will come and investigte for free and put ur mind to rest and hopefully put the spirits to rest too! And no, I don't believe ur going mad!!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    yep my mums house is haunted lights turn on or off at the switch when no one is there tv has been unplugged at bedtime and yet turned on in the morning no one else in house mum used to call it fred until as a child i was talking to a woman in black in the middle of the night only i could see her ghost is nopw named freda lol

if what the ghost does bothers you do as you do anyone else bugging you tell them to bugger off but on the whole most just want you to know there there and get attention as for other people and there opinions of you you know what you see and feel is real so sod them your not crazy and your not losing your mind
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I totally believe in spirits. I know sometimes people's souls don't pass over and remain here on this earth plane. Some are good and some are bad. I'd try to find out the history of the house you live in and see what happened there.
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!

I have always believed in ghosts but more so since one visits me every now and then. And no I am not mad!!!

The first time I was laying in bed by myself asleep. I woke up facing the edge of the bed with a whole heap of bed space behind me. I felt someone sit on the edge of the bed then lay down next to me. I physically felt afraid and could not move. Really could not move. In my head I was saying please go, please go, over and over again. Then all of a sudden I was able to roll over and I knew they had gone.

Every so often he comes back, I say he as that is what I sense. He means me no harm and its like he is just checking in on me. Sometimes he sits on the bed, other times I just sense he is there. Always at night and no I am not dreaming or crazy.

My daughter has often said that she thinks our house has a ghost as well.
  • MDVOID
    MDVOID Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not really, and I don't think you are loosing your mind. Here a little bit of info:

"Many people report physical changes in haunted places, especially a feeling of a presence accompanied by temperature drop and hearing unaccountable sounds. They are not imagining things. Most hauntings occur in old buildings, which tend to be drafty. Scientists who have investigated haunted places account for both the temperature changes and the sounds by finding physical sources of the drafts, such as empty spaces behind walls or currents set in motion by low frequency sound waves (infrasound) produced by such mundane objects as extraction fans. Some think that electromagnetic fields are inducing the haunting experience.*

Some ghost experiences may be attributed to sleep paralysis...

Sleep paralysis is a condition that occurs in the state just before dropping off to sleep (the hypnagogic state) or just before fully awakening from sleep (the hypnopompic state). The condition is characterized by being unable to move or speak. It is often associated with a feeling that there is some sort of presence, a feeling which often arouses fear but is also accompanied by an inability to cry out. The paralysis may last only a few seconds. The experience may involve visual, auditory, or tactile hallucinations."

(more info here http://www.skepdic.com/ghosts.html)
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    I agree with whisperingdragon- you could also talk to your local priest/pastor and see if they can do a cleansing. Or a local paranormal group. You could also try talking to the spirit and ask them what they want and if they could leave you alone if you are scared. I have a spirit cat that I see here sometimes and the place is new, so its possible that they move/follow you or whatever. I believe in spirits - there is too much about the world and universe we don't know so its not possible to say they aren't real.

:)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in spirits. I know sometimes people's souls don't pass over and remain here on this earth plane. Some are good and some are bad. I'd try to find out the history of the house you live in and see what happened there.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to answer this question without breaching MFP's no religion policy, but basically I do not believe in ghosts. I do believe in angels and demons, though. I don't doubt that weird things happen, but I do not attribute those things to the ghosts of dead humans. I attribute them to either angels or demons which in my belief are not or have never been humans.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a mean spirit. All you have to do...is say out loud, "LEAVE ME ALONE. LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE. LEAVE THIS HOUSE AND DO NOT RETURN!" or simply, "GO AWAY!" Yes, it is really that simple.

My mom is a psychic medium, and after moving and finally getting settled in, I plan to begin practicing myself ^^

Before you go to bed, to protect yourself and your family, close your eyes and try and imagine the darkness filling with white...have it surround you and think to yourself, "May the white light and the angels protect me, my family, my dog etc and may no evil enter. Thank you!"

I do this often. Take care :)
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love ghost stuff! I totally believe, and I think people can be haunted too. I think that no matter where I live, I'll have spirits around me. And I also think places can hold emotional energy, so not really a ghost haunting it, but you feel the emotions that were going on there in the past.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Totally believe in it.

I was staying at my mom's when my daughter was born while my husband started a new job. Now background is we had a wicker table w/matching chairs that creaked constantly when you sat, and sometimes when you didn't - my mom totally believed it was my grandfather joining us for family time.

So I'd just put the baby down for her nap and the chair started creaking loudly. I turned to the chairs and in Spanish said "Grandpa, I just put the baby down so SHHHHHH! please." And the creaking immediately stopped, and I felt a little breeze past me. No ceiling fan, no AC cuz it was winter.

But no fear on my end because I knew it was him. :smile:
  • NinjaTurtleDude
    Options
    I believe in it but i also think everything else has to be ruled out before I rule in ghosts.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    If you really want to believe in something like this, it will happen for you. Your mind will set up everything for you, what you want him to do. But people who choose not to believe, will never see or hear things like this. I chose to be a Nihilist, wo I will never see these things.
  • NinjaTurtleDude
    Options
    If you really want to believe in something like this, it will happen for you. Your mind will set up everything for you, what you want him to do. But people who choose not to believe, will never see or hear things like this. I chose to be a Nihilist, wo I will never see these things.
    I disagree, alot of people who do not believe can witness something and change their minds. For example my dad who never believed in it untill one day he saw a woman appear in the kitchen and disappear. then a moment later a phone book goes flying and hits in the head, now I guess my dad mind set this up lol
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    This is very similar to religion imo. Many believe, many don't. I've seen way too many ways that these things can be arranged so that if the person is in that frame of mind that are convinced something has happened. And in that same vein mediums are the priests of the ghost world, endorsing those who do believe.

It's amazing what our own minds can do to us...
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have being trying to get rid of what I'll call a disruptive spirit for weeks now.
    It started disrupting my sleep months ago. At first I thought it was just house noises or my snoring, but then I heard the noises when I was laying awake. Usually they are just sounds like crashing or loud growling. I tried moving to another bedroom in my house, but the noises followed me. I moved back to my own bedroom and one night I actually heard words, at first in a foreign language. Then it came right up next to the head of my bed and said clearly, Help. It sad "help" twice and then "please" twice. This really freaked me out and I started looking for ways to get rid of it. Since that night, it mostly makes noises, disrupting my sleep. It has said my name, my cat's name, and "hello".
    I've tried, so far: telling it, this is my home, you need to go. I tried smudging with white sage. I tried putting a mirror against my headboard to confuse it and moved to another room. Once after my telling it you have to go I want back to sleep only to hear, "you go". The last time I smudged the whole house, set up the mirror and slept in the other room it woke me by shoving on the foot of the bed hard enough to wake me. A while later there was another smaller shove. This was the only kinetic activity I've experienced.
    I'm not afraid of it, but sure would like a full night's sleep.