Hi I'm New

Options
Hello I'm new to my fitness pal and I'm excited about being here. My brother has been on the program for a while and has lost a lot of weight and told me about it. It sounds like a program I can stick with so I'm here to try. I need to lose a lot of weight and I know that it will be a hard road but I need to do this for my health and for my family. I want to be around for a long time and I know if I don't lose this weight I'm not going to be.

My name is Sue Burk and I am 59 years old. I have a wonderful husband and two great kids. I also have 4 grandchildren who are the apples of my eyes. I'm doing this for them. I just got my Associates in Business Administration two weeks ago and am looking forward to the future. I'm looking forward to making some new friends through this program.

Replies

• elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue, well you've come to the right place for support and encouragement! I wish you every success on your journey!
    Please feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!

Shirley
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    welcome Sue!! you will love it here!! there's so much knowledge and support!
    feel free to add me too!!

great job in taking this first step--- you can DO IT!!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Morning Sue and welcome! I've only been here about a week now and have found it to be a great motivation. If you log daily, it really holds you accountable. Also, the forum is full of great knowledge and nice people. :)
  • kvolkman01
    Options
    Hi I'm new too... I love this site. It's definetly motivating. Welcome!!! :)
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    welcome ...there is alot of support here , it is a great place to be!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for just over 4 weeks and find it really good. The support you get if you ask for it is amazing and there are always people to motivate you and give advice should you need it. Welcome and good luck. I have lost 12.5lbs in 4 weeks and logging my food has really opened my eyes to how many calories Im eating.

I wish you every success and well done on wanting to make changes.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on here. The guys I have on my profile really to give you a boost when you need it, Not to mention there witty comments and funny things they say xx
  • Wagners7
    Wagners7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I'm new too. A friend who has seen good results told me about the site and I've been using it for a couple weeks now. Good luck on your journey!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sue! Good luck reaching your goals. This site can be a great tool to help you do it.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello Sue and welcome! I know you will love it here...I started a month ago and I just love the site and the people, feel free to add me as a friend if you like:flowerforyou:
  • nanasue4
    Options
    Well I'm back with a new motivation. I am on a medicine that causes water retention and I have to lose some body weight because it is affecting me physically. It is nothing for me to gain 6-10 pounds a day. Some of it comes off at night but never all of it. Since I'm already overweight this is causing real problems. I need lots of encouragement because it is hard for me to see any results. So all of you please help me. Thank you