AWESOME POSSUM'S WEEK 4.........(CLOSED GROUP)

Options
SORRY ABOUT LAST WEEK. WE HAVE BEEN HAVING MAJOR ISSUES WITH OUR INTERNET ROUTER! I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE TRYING TO UPDATE THE SPREADSHEET....I'M WORKING ON IT. PLEASE STILL SEND WEIGH IN'S!!!!

WEEK 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls Message me your weight so I can add it to the Spreadsheet :)

How did you do this last week? What improvements can you make? What obstacles did you overcome?

Link to the Spreadsheet!!!!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avf5B0KzT6x3dHRqQl9BbzYxS1NXai02d0ZBR2hIQ2c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Daily Goal
DRINK AT LEAST *****12***** GLASSES OF WATER!

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES WEEK 2

MONDAY- 60 SQUATS, 30 LUNGES (ea leg), 60 JUMPING JACKS, 20 PUSHUPS
TUESDAY- JOG/RUN 2 MILES/ 60 BURPEE'S
WEDNESDAY- WEIGHT TRAINING
THURSDAY- REPEAT MONDAY
FRIDAY- REPEAT TUESDAY
SATURDAY- REPEAT WEDNESDAY
SUNDAY- REST/STRETCH OR WALK

Remember it will take hard work to achieve your goal BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! LETS WORK WEEK 2 EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!

I am so excited to be doing this challenge with you Ladies. I am hoping through this we will lift one another up and help motivate each other. This Challenge will last 9 wks, from Sept 26th till Dec 5th!!!!! All I ask is that you check in at least once a week. Try to stay as active as possible. I also encourage you to take before photos and measurements. Once a week we will weigh in on Mondays in the am. I will need your updated weight that afternoon to add to the spreadsheet. I will personally be taking my measurements every 2 weeks. I would love for you ladies to join me in this as well. I will add it to the spreadsheet if you would like and track it every 2wks for you. Each day there will be a challenge and weekly goals. Please set your goals below. If at anytime you feel you need to leave, please inform me and I will remove your name from the list. My hope is that we will all do this and stick to it. I will also begin an new thread each week so these do not get overwhelmed with replies. I will send you the links. Also if you have any suggestions for challenges....please message me. I want mental and emotional challenges!!!!

We will have a weekly STAR!!!! The person who lost the biggest % of weight that week. We will also have a winner at the end of the challenge for overall weight-loss and goals achieved! I will get this person a Shape or Fitness magazine subscription for a yr! If you are interested...before and after photos with the dates are required. I know it's not much but it's fun to work towards a prize.

GROUP PARTICIPANTS!!!!!!

REESE1206
Joi407
Leia81
Twins2007
Cherry4269
Busymom509
Lauehorn
Bigchild88
StephParkSmith
AprilStar480
cccgrillo
Meglomaniac87
Aliking6
Clarahackworth1999
Mandypizzle
Ta198488
KamFam

Replies

• joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thank you!
    No worries about last week. I was a little relieved as I've been slacking. But promise to do better from tomorrow, today was a complete mess too. but that is what happens when you have visitors....

Happy challenge-ing everyone
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I see this is a closed group and I apologize for intruding, but would it be possible for me to join you guys? I think this is an awesome strategy and I have been looking for someone to workout with for months now. I have a hard time motivating myself and just had to discontinue my services with my trainer due to financial obstacles . I hate to beg...but PLEASE!!
  • ta198488
    ta198488 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This was a great week, I didn't get in a lot of exercise in, but I did get a lot of work done. I have learned to control what I put in my mouth & I have sucessfully lost another pound. I would like to check in this week at 162 lbs. Enjoy your week & keep up the good work.
  • ta198488
    Options
    This was a great week, I didn't get in a lot of exercise in, but I did get a lot of work done. I have learned to control what I put in my mouth & I have sucessfully lost another pound. I would like to check in this week at 162 lbs. Enjoy your week & keep up the good work.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    BigChid, Awesome loss lady! You rock:drinker:

ta, I seriously think the diet part of losing weight is most key. If you can choose the right foods and keep your portion sizes accurate it seams like pounds just melt away. It's amazing when you actually start measuing your food and realize you are eating 3 or 4 servings in one sitting... Its no wonder we gain:ohwell:

I'm down .6lbs this week. I'm having issues with our Monday weigh-in because my will power sucks during the weekend. I also have weigh-ins on Wednesday and Friday for other challenges too and my losses always seem to be greater on those days. I'll get it worked out though... As longs as the scale doesn't go up too much over the weekend I'lll be okay:wink:
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I'm down a 4 pounds from last week(now at 221).

Thanks april and I totally feel you on the monday weigh in. I weigh myself on wed and fri for accountability reasons and then when it comes to the weekend its like i lose control or something. I just need to be better about the fact that the weekend is a break from school and not from my eating habits LOL

Best of luck this week!
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    I totally fell off the wagon last week :( I'm back on this week. Adjusted my plan a bit and revamped my goals to balance my lifestyle and long term goals a little more realistically. Have a great week everyone!! One day at a time!
  • bigchid88
    Options
    Last week was pretty good exercise and food wise, but once I get to the weekend I seem to blow it. This weekend I'm going to try to plan all of my meals like I do during the week and hope that helps.
    I just did workout one of Insanity(day 2 of 60) and I'm so excited to see some results!!
  • Strongmamaof5
    Options
    How is everybody's week going. Mine is lretty good but it could be better if I actually exercised.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Not doing so good on the exercise either. I ran yesterday but i've just felt super blah and tired lately. I'm almost starting to wonder if i'm having vitamin C withdrawls. We had tons of sun so for long and I was out in it all the time then bam! No sun at all... Makes me really sad.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize the group was still going! I haven't been doing the best for about a week. We stayed in SLC for a few days and had to eat out. But I"ve been trying to watch my portions.
  • Strongmamaof5
    Options
    Today I did a 4 mile run, 200 lunges, 60 pushups, 200 body weight squat and ab exercises. All I can say tomorrow I'm gonna be sore.
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    oh dear, i've been rubbish this week! too much food, next to no exercise...
    but i'm going to do some cycling today and tomorrow and will try and get some jillian work out in the mornings done next week. I'm struggling with eating at uni and finding time to exercise with all the work i have to do and it being dark when i get home aahhhrrrggg.

also I am just below the weight that I had a year ago and my jeans are fitting nicely again, which is a great success, but it means I'm a little complacent and am not taking this serious enough at the moment even though I still want to lose another 8lbs.

can everyone please post how well they are doing, it will motivate me! (busymom: i'm definitely on the lunges and squats today!)

have a great weekend everyone
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

The flu has got me down since Thursday (And I was soooo tired leading up to it)...Haven't exercised much this week and haven't been tracking my calories which consist mostly of popsicles and toast :-/

Hope everyone is doing great :)

E xo
  • bigchid88
    Options
    This week was good exercise wise( I started insanity and went to the gym 3 times for 45min-hr long cardio sessions) my eating was better but not great. I stayed below or just a hair above my calorie limit but its ok.
    We shall see what tomorrow's weigh in brings considering I just downed a 5hr energy and have to write a paper and misc other grad school related thing tonight >_<
  • cartertl
    Options
    How was insanity??? I want to try this workout it seems very challenging but better with a group. Good luck………….. today is my first day back.
  • cartertl
    Options
    Any spaces available for new comers....
  • bigchid88
    Options
    i'm so stoked! I've finally broke the 220 barrier!!! I weighed in at 219.2 this week.

I only completed the first challenge in addition to my workouts this week. There are plenty of burpees in insanity so I didnt want to over exert myself and do more lol I also didnt run because of my knees but I biked over 12 miles 3 days during the week and ellipticalled 2.5-3.5 miles as well

Best of luck this week to everyone! We are at the half way point but remember: "just keep swimming"

:tongue:

Carterl unfortunately this is a closed group but insanity is a GREAT workout! It is really challenging but I modify some of the exercises because of my knees.
  • ta198488
    Options
    We are starting week 5 today and October is almost over. I hope everyone has lost at least some weight. I am moving along at a good pace. I do not get the exercise challenges done, but I have climbed a lot of stairs, chased grandkids & worked in the garden for an hour this week. I currently weight 160 lbs, so I guess I lost 2 lbs this week. Keep up the good work, you are the only one that can get the job done. And remember the reward is fitting into those smaller jeans & tops.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    My goodness it got super quiet around here. How is everyone doing? There isn't a new thread that I don't know about is there?