c25k on wii fit???

Options
Okay so im interested in doing the c25k but im not ready to start outside just yet so i was wondering as sort of training run before doing the c25k outside do you think it would work or be worth while to do the c25k using the free run jogging on wii fit

for those who dont have wii fit basically you hold the wii remote and jog on the spot
i know it wouldnt be exactly the same as running outside but i was thinking i could complete the c25k on wii fit then start it all over again running outside by this time hopefully i will feel more confident in my appreance when running, have some running clothes/shoes maybe have a bit more time and also be fit enough to complete the program

any thoughts? do you think it will work have you tried it?

Replies

• zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think it would work well if you need to start off building up your leg strength. I used to do it and while it may not burn nearly as many calories, I think it still is a great workout if you are starting things up..:)
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I am not sure about the wii fit!!! I know I have been doing it for a while now I'm on week 6 day 3 today!!! We had to find a trail that was a little bit deserted because of my fear of exercising in front of people. You may be able to do it on a treadmill if you just write it down week by week. Good luck!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think that jogging in place isn't nearly as close to running outside as you hope. At one point you will be running in place for half an hour or more. The only true way to simulate running is on a treadmill. Part of the reason for actually running is stride length. You don't have to worry about stretching out your stride while running in place, you do on a treadmill or outside. I think it could get your heart rate up and help you burn calories but it won't improve much else (it won't give you a head start on the c25k when you actually start doing it outside).
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If that's what makes you comfortable, go for it. But I will say this, it doesn't burn that many calories. I started off the C25K program and stayed on week 1 for 2 weeks until I felt comfortable enough to be consistent with it. I use the Island Run on my Wii as an in between days workout though so my body will get conditioned. Hope this helps!

Feel free to message or add me if you like...
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ,,, unfortunatly i dont have room for a treadmil right now i'd love one!! though im just trying to find something i can do in the meantime before i truly attempt the c25k i fully intend to do the complete program outside just not until ive lost a bit more weight and got some excercise gear time is also a issue for me i do most of my excersie at night but i dont feel safe enough to run outside at night lol plus im terrified of all the creepy crawlies outside and the snakes :/ any other ideas of how i could prepare myself? im planning to start the c25k outside when i hiit about 80kg maybe before if i feel fitter
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think you have a good plan. If you feel not ready/comfortable to do c25k outside then do what you can inside. The wii fit run is definitely not the same, but it's something. I did the wii fit free run yesterday because the weather was cold and disgusting outside. It wasn't a high-calorie burning workout, but it was a workout. You have to do what will keep you motivated to exercise. If wii fit will do that - than go for it!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit jogging and c25k aren't even close to being the same. prior to doing c210k, I could jog the wiifit for a LONG time - but couldn't run 30 seconds when I started c25k. Seriously, don't waste your time... find something truly designed for being inside.

If you want to do something inside, switch to something where you'll truly get a workout - Julian 30DS (as an example) is a GREAT indoor workout.

JMO