A series of NSVs

Options
I've had a series of NSVs in the last couple of days:

The other day, a former boss was being led into the office by a mutual coworker. When I saw them coming, I headed over to greet them. My coworker said "...and of course you remember Bob." My former boss responded with "More like 'mini-Bob'! You look great!"

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday; hadn't been there for about a year. As the nurse was entering my information into the computer, she stopped what she was saying in mid-sentence, then asked "Have you lost a bunch of weight recently?" When I told her "yes", she said "Oh, because a big red flag just showed up on the computer that I've never seen before. That's really great!" When the doctor came in later, I mentioned my weight loss. He looked up my previous weight in the computer (which was 70 lbs. more than I am now), and his jaw dropped. I forget exactly how the conversation went from there...he asked how I was doing it and talked about how remarkable it was. But I could tell that he wasn't used to seeing this kind of thing.

A not-so-good NSV: I had to stop wearing an expensive leather jacket because it got too big. I haven't been able to wear it for several years, so I was happy to be able to wear it for a few weeks this fall. But it was starting to look really sloppy on me. Its day is done.

Replies

• kahavi
    kahavi Posts: 35
    Options
    Such wonderful reactions to what you've achieved. Congratulations, you are an inspiration. :)
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new leather jacket. :wink:
  • shonasteele
    Options
    Mini-Bob - lol!

Great job!
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I have total sympthy over the leather jacket thing. My newish red skinny jeans I have wanted for years are now too big!
    good job on the weight loss up to now!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :bigsmile:
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Congratulations! Great motivation to everyone on website.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is great news Mini-Bob! Too bad about the jacket...you'll have to buy yourself another. :D
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    congrats! you must and should be very proud! i love these NSV...it is what keep the wind in our sails!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!! Congratulations Mini-Bob!! Awesome nsv's!!!:drinker: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! It's such great motivation when people make positive comments on what you're accomplishing.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Congrats on it all.. Sound like someone will be going SHOPPING.. Enjoy be blessed
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow... you're doing an amazing job! I love that you got a "red flag" at the doctor's office :) That's fun to know that you're doing something that not a lot of people are able to do. Congratulations!
  • broby425
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. A new leather jacket may well be on the agenda for next fall! By then I should have been at goal and on maintenance for several months. Hoping to have a round or two of P90X in by then, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!