people who ride?

Options
i am relatively new here and am looking for a group to join! i've just begun competitive horseback riding and was wondering if there were others out there who do the same! it doesn't even have to be competitive, just a bunch of people who have an interest in horses :) i figured that would be a pretty original group, and it would be nice to have a common interest!

i am a 19 year old college student, so other college students would be MORE than welcome :)

Replies

• ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. I have some horse friends on here but never seen a horse group. I'm 20yrs old and don't ride much anymore, but I still spend a lot of time with horses and hope to have my own boarding stable one day. I'd join =]
  • annieboo34
    Options
    I'm in. Love horses...
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    I haven't been on a horse since I left Inner Mongolia last year, but what I'd give to ride again! I love horses and hope to own my own little herd of them some day!

I just graduated from college. I hope I count!
  • starsglance
    Options
    ahh this is exciting! i didn't expect people to reply so quickly :)

what are your goal weights?
  • annieboo34
    Options
    I'd love to get to 130 someday...got a ways to go. I wish I was currently riding. I really enjoyed it when I did it.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Horse person here! I'm not currently riding, but in the past I have competed in eventing and I used to groom at a dressage barn in Wellington, FL.
  • starsglance
    Options
    that's my ugw too :) riding is SUCH good exercise! i didn't realize how strong it made my legs until i hit the weight room yesterday. haha i can do the thigh press exercises at 200lbs for 3 sets of 10 without breaking a sweat. my non-riding friends were amazed but the ones who ride were like 'psh, amateur'. X)
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!! I am big horse fan!! have been riding on and off since I was about 18months old!!! I have a couple of horsey friends on here if you want to check them out and I always welcome more!! Add me if you like!!

what sports do you do? I am hoping to begin 3day eventing when I get fitter and manage to afford it!!
  • ashleighjoy2007
    Options
    Haha nice. My goal for now is to get down to 160, I'dl ike to be more like 150 or 140, but it depends on how I look. If I'm toned and look good then I don't really care what the number on the scale is. I'm 192 right now so I have a long way to go.
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    My goal weight is under 150. How far under 150 (as is healthy) varies based on my ambition from day to day. Haha!
  • starsglance
    Options
    i ride western equitation right now, but i might start english and move on to hunt soon :)

those are good goals :) if i get to 140ish and feel toned and healthy i might stop trying to LOSE weight. but i never want to go back to an unhealthy lifestyle ><
  • ashleighjoy2007
    Options
    Urgh, I just wrote a super long reply and it didn't post =\ Anyway, I mostly ride Western. I want to lose weight to make it easier on my horse and to be able to be more competitive and confident. I'd like to start out competing in Western Pleasure/Equitation, and then eventually compete in cutting or reining. I'd also like to basically try a little of everything. Haven't ridden English much but I'd like to learn to jump and maybe a little Dressage.
  • myrtille
    Options
    Hey ! I'm a rider also, great group idea :) I'm a showjumper and competed at national and junior international level, sadly now I'm at university abroad (in the UK) and my horse is back in France at home so I can't ride much anymore :(:( I miss it sooo much! Going to start a bit of polo now though :)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love to ride and I wished I had more time to go out more often. Happy Riding & Healthy Journey!!
  • starsglance
    Options
    ahh showjumper at that kind of level?! you must be amazing! haha i am jealous. any tips for a beginnger? :P
  • thespence
    Options
    I have three horses and love to trail ride in the mountains. That's got to be great exercise, holding on when you're heading up a steep trail! Good idea fora group!