Ha! Silly NSV

Options
twocsmom
twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
So the last few weeks several people have noticed and commented on my weight loss. It's felt great. Lots of people have asked me "Does your ex say anything? Surely he must notice." Yet he hadn't. And I didn't really care...until he did!

Last night he was picking up the kids and just nonchalantly commented "Your diet and exercise is working. You look really good." I just responded with a polite thank you and went about my business but was screaming "Ha!" inside. Don't know why it mattered so much that he noticed...maybe just kind of thinking to myself that he might just be seeing what he walked away from.

Silly, I know.

Replies

• broby425
    Options
    Lol, I think it's an awesome NSV! "See what you're missing?" (Licks thumb, touches hip, makes steam noise "tssssss")
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's not silly at all, it's great! These little things really act to boost us. I'm very happy for you that he noticed and had the grace to say so.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    That's the best...... Congrats
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    If it made you happy, then it's not silly at all! I personally couldn't care less what my ex thinks or notices about me, but I'll admit the other day when my teenage son came home from a visit with his father and said "Mom, you look great" in front of him, I had to smile...just a little. LOL
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    I think it's nice that he said something and put ego and bitterness aside and complimented you. And good for you for accepting the compliment. Sometimes that's hard to do as moms and women. We tend to down-play our accomplishments and follow up a compliment with "well, I have a long ways to go" or "thanks, but I'm not even close yet" or something else similar. Don't feel bad for a simple "thank you"!! :)
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yeah buddy! in his FACE.
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    Good for you Keep up the good work !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!