Egg whites

Options
Last night I dry fried two egg white with a bit of ketchup and they were really nice.

I just tried an omellete with 2 egg whites, and my normal filling and they didn't fluff up nice? It was really flat.

Are the any better scrambeled?

Replies

• MrsBay2010
    Options
    I actually only eat them in an omlett form or scrambled. I personally like them scrambled better!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Try adding a splash of skim milk or soy milk to your whites before scrambling or making an omellete with them. :-)
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Did you beat them before making the omelette with a teaspoon or so of water or milk? That helps me. Plus, I will put about 1/4 of one yolk in for color.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Yeah I beated them as normal. I will try with some water maybe. Don't really want to use any more milk than I do.

I'll try scrambelling them with my veggies next time and see if that's any nicer, will probably have it again tomorrow.

xx
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Try adding a splash of skim milk or soy milk to your whites before scrambling or making an omellete with them. :-)

This is how you get your eggs nice and fluffy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Put in one yolk!
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Put in a whole egg and 3-4 whites and this makes a great wee omelet or scrambled eggs with 200g of skimmed milk and 10g margarine.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Put in a whole egg and 3-4 whites and this makes a great wee omelet or scrambled eggs with 200g of skimmed milk and 10g margarine.

I can't afford to waste that many eggs :ohwell:

I'll just stick with the two egg whites and see how it is scrambled. It wasn't the end of the world today, still edible. xx