Jumping

Options
Hey. Well, today hurt. Yes, it hurt. I decided to jump on our giant trampoline for 15 minutes, but two minutes into it, I landed on my left ankle...yeah...my ankle. Get this though, my ankle's not hurt. However, my knee is absolutely killing me. It's sensitive to the touch! I've heard a lot of people say "walk it off". So I tried, but it simply hurt too much. So in the mean time, what other excercises are there, that I can do, so as not to hurt my knee any further? Any suggestions?

Thanks a ton!

ALC

Replies

• Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey. Well, today hurt. Yes, it hurt. I decided to jump on our giant trampoline for 15 minutes, but two minutes into it, I landed on my left ankle...yeah...my ankle. Get this though, my ankle's not hurt. However, my knee is absolutely killing me. It's sensitive to the touch! I've heard a lot of people say "walk it off". So I tried, but it simply hurt too much. So in the mean time, what other excercises are there, that I can do, so as not to hurt my knee any further? Any suggestions?

Thanks a ton!

ALC
  • losingit09
    Options
    just do upperbody exercises. I hurt my knee a month ago and I walk. Walking doesnt hurt. I used to run about 5miles a day and I had to cut that out. now i do upperbody exercises and about 3 miles walking
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your knee!! Please, please , please ice it and let it rest. Too many of my clients
    ( massage therapy) injure themselves and then ignore it or worse, heat it and it really extends the length of time it takes to recover.

When you are feeling better start with some gentle movement then light walking or swimming. Also Vitamin C is good to take for injuries because it aides in the production of collagen (connective tissue) which helps to stabilize all movement, joints, tendons, ligaments and muscle.

Good luck and take care. :heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    none,...if it is sensitive to the touch it can be serious...rest till tomorrow if still sensitive to the touch see an MD
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    none,...if it is sensitive to the touch it can be serious...rest till tomorrow if still sensitive to the touch see an MD

I agree