What do you listen to?

Options
When I exercise I've found myself listening to the same album each time; Florence and the Machine - Lungs. Florence's voice is just really empowering throughout the whole album and the fast beat is really good to follow along when on the treadmill. So what's your go-to music for exercising and why?

And as always - feel free to add me. always looking for some new friends.

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have a running playlist that contains mostly dance and a bit of hip hop like Rihanna, DJ Tiesto, LMFAO, etc, with a little Mumford and Sons thrown in the mix. For lower intensity I will listen to Fat2Fit podcasts or Jimmy Buffett.
  • Misspositiveme
    Misspositiveme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I enjoy anything Lil Wayne is one. Something about his voice makes me run faster. I also like Reggaeton.
  • LesGoodridge
    Options
    Being an "Oldie" I tend to listen to Queen, Focus, Mumford & sons, David Crowder Band or Chris Tomlin, the latter two being Christian bands, they all help to get me through.
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I run:

AC/DC, Muse, U2, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, The Rolling Stones, 80's funk, Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, Motown hits, Stone Temple Pilots, and some classical. Right now, I've been stuck on Muses Resistance album and U2s No Line on the Horizon, why? Because those albums have fast and slow paced music, and I saw them live 2 years ago
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love a wide variety of music, tending toward rock n roll but also getting into soul, jazz, hip-hop, techno, blues, even classical. A lot of what I play for working out depends on mood. I like to start out with slower songs, then play some progessively faster music, then slowing down again during cool-down.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ok - confession time....lol

Everyone I have told this too so far thinks I am somewhat strange...

I listen to talking books - usually crime or thrillers..... that way I lose myself in the book and time just flies plus becouse I want to hear the next part it makes me go back to the gym quicker...

Lucy
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I listen to talking books - usually crime or thrillers..... that way I lose myself in the book and time just flies plus becouse I want to hear the next part it makes me go back to the gym quicker...

Lucy

I think that's a great idea. I've been thinking about downloading books and podcasts too......
  • ctroxell2011
    Options
    I downloaded some workout music from iTunes, it's regular songs but they speed them UP so that the beat is much faster. Right now favorite album is Power Music Workout Top 40 Hits remixed, it's 60 minutes nonstop, great for a long cardio session, and the songs flow into one another so literally, no stopping. Also like Christina Aguilera, Marilyn Manson, Eminem, T Pain/Florida, beyonce, bad religion, social distortion, Katy perry, Missy elliott, Rihanna, pretty much anything with a good fast beat and catchy lyrics!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Lucy

that'd actually an awesome idea. i might try that.
  • jambondan
    Options
    RAP/rock does it for me when I'm exercising ...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jambondan
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi, Poison, Kiss, Def Leopard.....all oldies...but they keep my *kitten* moving!!!!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi, Poison, Kiss, Def Leopard.....all oldies...but they keep my *kitten* moving!!!!

ohhhhhh you are old school !!!! love it !!!

there is a cool app on the iphone that slows or speeds up songs to the same beats per min for those who run at a certain tempo !
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

Pretty much the same, add a bit of acdc, nazareth etc...a bit of headbanging will help the calorie burn right?

And LOVE your kiss cat pic!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Pretty much the same, add a bit of acdc, nazareth etc...a bit of headbanging will help the calorie burn right?

And LOVE your kiss cat pic!

Thank You :happy: