Different weights?

Options
I have a slight mystery on my hands that I think you all can help me with. Since I started this site I weight in every Friday morning the same time,same way and everything has been great. Just for curiosity sake I also do it Sat morning because that is when my HRM registers that I have indeed burned 3500 calories for the week. When I weight myself on Sat morning I am always 2 pds down from Friday morning. Is this water weight? or could it be because of finally burning off enough calories? Thanks for your help

Replies

• muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    How much are you down by the next Friday?

And more than likely, if you weigh after you've gone to the bathroom....water weight.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lets see last Friday 236 Last sat 233 this Friday 231 this morning 229 and the weight never jumps back up I log the 231 as my official weight because its my Friday weight. I weighed myself at the doctors office and my home scale is spot on so its not a trick of the scale. Before anyone says anything I am eating well and eat back my exersise calories but this is the very first time I have ever tried to change my lifestyle so my body is doing what its doing and I am just going along for the ride.
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    btw. u dont need to eat back your exercise calories. I dont eat them back at all. I used to and found that I lose more weight by not eating them back as compared to eating them back. my best friend was eating hers back, and losing slowly. i got her to try not eating them back, and shes losing a lot more weight. just some personal info for ya :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    btw. u dont need to eat back your exercise calories. I dont eat them back at all. I used to and found that I lose more weight by not eating them back as compared to eating them back. my best friend was eating hers back, and losing slowly. i got her to try not eating them back, and shes losing a lot more weight. just some personal info for ya :)

There's no doubt you can lose more weight by not eating back your exercise calories... for a while. It'll get you in the end, though.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Lets see last Friday 236 Last sat 233 this Friday 231 this morning 229 and the weight never jumps back up I log the 231 as my official weight because its my Friday weight. I weighed myself at the doctors office and my home scale is spot on so its not a trick of the scale. Before anyone says anything I am eating well and eat back my exersise calories but this is the very first time I have ever tried to change my lifestyle so my body is doing what its doing and I am just going along for the ride.

Great job on the weight loss!!! Just keep doing what your doing, it seems to be working.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Just an FYI, as you get closer to your goals you will have to start adding back some of your exercise cals. When your weight loss stalls out try upping your cals to get it moving again. Good luck on your journey!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Enjoy it while it lasts - you probably don't have much longer before you'll need to start eating more calories. Just keep in mind when your loss stops for a month or two that you need to add more in. Ever notice how the really fit people eat lots of calories? Yep, weird but true.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a slight mystery on my hands that I think you all can help me with. Since I started this site I weight in every Friday morning the same time,same way and everything has been great. Just for curiosity sake I also do it Sat morning because that is when my HRM registers that I have indeed burned 3500 calories for the week. When I weight myself on Sat morning I am always 2 pds down from Friday morning. Is this water weight? or could it be because of finally burning off enough calories? Thanks for your help

I have approximately a week and a half to 2 weeks of the month, every month, that weight just falls off of me. I can, and often do, weigh in every day during this time frame because I get such a kick out of it. I don't know why it happens, I just like watching it. :P