Old cheat foods aren't as appealing anymore

Options
Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
Before joining this site, I used to have burgers for lunch, eat bags of chips etc... After toning that down, I lost 10lbs but would have the sparingly. After joining, I'd cut them down again and started eating more salads etc....

I decided to treat myself and opened a bag of chips. Man, they taste good but I could not eat that many of them. It tasted WAY too salty and I didn't feel that great after. Those Wendy's baconators? Oh gawd, I almost puked when I tried one after about a year of not eating them.

Same experience for anyone else?

Replies

• amyers35
    Options
    YES! definitely. the chicken brushetta sandwhich at red robin - i ate that about once a week and swore it was SO good i would want it as my last meal before death lol and the garlic parm. fries.. there werent enough of either on my plate!! Had it several few months ago for my cheat meal and it just tasted so artificial. i ate half of it and half of the regular fries. just wasnt appealing at all to me
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel sick after eating McD's now. Before joining I would crave more whenever I had it! Before I joined this site though, I wasn't much of a fast food eater to begin with, but now that I'm actually eating healthier foods daily, my body reacts more to processed crap.
  • Wangenstein
    Options
    Yep, same here. If I still have them, my portions are so much smaller than they used to be. At Ruby's Diner, I would eat a hamburger, french fries, strawberry shake and a coke, and finish the whole thing. The last time I went there, I left half the hamburger, 2/3rds of the fries, and didn't order the shake at all. AND... I was still full at the end of my meal. Good times... :)
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    YUP! If I ever do eat bad food, it is in smaller portions and I feel nasty afterwards. I have also (this is as recent as today) started craving meat instead of carbs. Hmmmmm....Not sure about that, but that just encourages me to make a giant pot of bean with STEAK in it!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Noticing the same thing- I loved chocolate- should have been in a Chocolate-a holics anonymous group for the last 10 or so years. Now I have been moderating things where I reward myself by allowing myself to eat a square or 2 of dark chocolate when I don't cheat the rest of the day. I find many days I don't even need the chocolate. It is almost a shock to my body. Though I have heard great things dark chocolate can do for the body in moderation- I don't sleep as well either when I eat it- I suppose because I eat it before bed.
    Greasy and fatty foods- no way. Fast food joints used to be an occasional thing for me- can't even stomach thinking about the food any longer. Good for you for getting to this point. We all deserve a high-five for being at this point. We are getting healthy and no longer "feeding" into the american lifestyle we were thrown into.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    That's brilliant. I would love that to happen to me. Even though I eat healthy now and less of it etc etc, I still love the junk and I can still eat the amount I used to. It takes every ounce of willpower for me not to fall face first in a big pile of fried chicken and chips.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I felt that way about cake at a co workers birthday! Before I'd be ALL about some cake! But now i could take it or leave it :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I just portion out those types of foods but it might not taste as good because your palate is use to healthier foods. However I like to have my little cheats here and there. Can't go crazy over board though :bigsmile:

The Wendy's chicken wraps are pretty good or even their almond berry salad is tasty
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yep my old favourite used to be fish and chips from the local chippy I had it the other day and the greasyness of the chips and the batter on the fish made me feel so sick. It's strange how things change
  • rockchick90
    Options
    i used to LOVE bacon butties and stuff but now walking past cafes and sandwich shops the smell of bacon butties makes me feel a bit sick :/
    i still ahve them at home but cut the fat off and use the george foreman :)
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I can experience the same thing. I do notice I don't eat as much of my food like I used to. Now I have been putting away half of my meal before I start eating it so that I can have it for a meal the next day.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing. I don't believe in making anything off-limits, so we got Chinese take-out last night and I figured I could just have smaller portions. Well I came out just a little over my calorie goal and that's fine. But every bite I took was so oily and salty... yuck!

This surprised me because, I'll be honest, I haven't made huge changes in my eating yet. Just changed a few things so far.

I don't want to be someone who is difficult about food. But it's gross. What am I supposed to eat next time we go for take-out?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The only thing like this i noticed was when i had a McDonalds as a treat. It was lovely, but it was mouth-watering delicious. I was worried that having it would make me realise what i was missing, but it simply reminded me that while nice, it certainly wasn't something i wanted every day :)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My friend got shish and chips last night. My FAVORITE. Haven't eaten it in 3 months. I stole one piece of kebab meat and spit it out it tasted so nasty. I was really shocked, I thought it had gone off, but she assured me it tasted the same as it always does.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing. I don't believe in making anything off-limits, so we got Chinese take-out last night and I figured I could just have smaller portions. Well I came out just a little over my calorie goal and that's fine. But every bite I took was so oily and salty... yuck!

This surprised me because, I'll be honest, I haven't made huge changes in my eating yet. Just changed a few things so far.

I don't want to be someone who is difficult about food. But it's gross. What am I supposed to eat next time we go for take-out?

Try to order plain rice and perhaps suggest a soup. A veggie dish would help
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I normally go out and the family will have mcD, burger king etc and I would just get a salad. Last week I had been doing so well and hubby said they where getting pizza hut and I can never turn that down I LOVE it. So we got and I ate it, and I was thinking well, that wasn't very nice, in fact a salad kicks pizza's *kitten*!! go figure! Ihave only been doing this 4 weeks and I think it might be a good sign!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Awesome! But honestly I still can how down on the pizza!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If something looks greasy, I can't eat it anymore - greasy pizza and pasta bake is just beyond me now.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've definitely had the same experience before. Now those unhealthy foods literally make me nauseated. It's like my stomach can't handle the fat, the grease, the salt or whatever.