Quick food ideas

Options
jamszy
jamszy Posts: 123 Member
So, I'm at a point where I now realize how healthy eating can dramatically affect weight loss. By switching my daily breakfast burrito run before work with oatmeal and peanut butter toast, I've had great success. I know that sounds messed up, but it's like a switch just flipped and am now in a phase where I don't crave foods like that. However, I do need some quick ideas for lunch and dinner. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AfterAll
    AfterAll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favourite go-to for lunch is omelette. Very nutritious and very easy. I usually throw in some tomato & mushroom as well.
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Chicken breast sandwiches with some lettuce tomato onion on some wheat toast are always a personal favorite. Cut up chicken breast salads just watch what kinds of dressing you use I prefer red vinaigrette. Or some lean other type of lean meat with a baked potato spiced up with some mrs. dash seasonings. My overall favorite meal though and I eat it regardless of time of day because its so delicious is an egg white skillet. Cup and a half of egg whites stir fry frozen vegetable mix (onions, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers etc) maybe some fat free cheese thrown in there a little turkey sausage. 2 slices of toast for your carbs and you've got yourself a delicious meal!
  • dianhathaway
    Options
    Some of my favorite "fast" light foods for dinner or lunch are the "lite" progresso soups (Weight Watcher's approved) and a tossed salad with one of the zero fat/low calorie dressings. If you buy the "bagged" salad or spinach, and add tomatoes, cukes, peppers, etc. you could make a pretty good meal. Depending on your calorie count, you may also get to add some high fiber bread or rolls.

Also, get the flash frozen chicken breasts or tenderloins. You can take them out as you need to and lightly poach or pan fry using one of the oil sprays.

Brown Rice or whole wheat couscous mixes are really quick and good too.

Good luck!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I'll definitely give these a try!
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to take a couple of chicken breasts and cook them with some spices such as Cumin, Chili/Lime rubs, Southwestern spice mixes, etc.

Cut the chicken up afterwards to where it's shredded. Throw in some chopped onion, some Pico de Gallo or salsa, and a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Use that mix for tacos....or I like to ditch the tortilla shells and use lettuce to enjoy low calorie lettuce wraps.