Calorie Intake

Options
Hi,
My 14 1/2 year old daughter asked me this morning how many calories is healthy for her to eat. I wasn't sure. A little bit about her..... she is 5 ft 7in and weighs 125. She's extremely active with sports. I was thinking 1500 - 1800 but wasn't completely sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.:laugh:

Replies

• Norton1971
    Norton1971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would strongly recommend you speaking to your doctors to see if there is someone there that could advise you on this accurately as she is a minor. But if you work out her BMR & times it by her level of activity on one of the BMR calculators online, it works out around 2,497 Kcals per day. But please don't take this to be correct, you need to speak to a professional because of her age.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    1500-1800 sounds insanely low. I am a 35-year-old woman of the same height, with a sedentary lifestyle, and that is what I would eat for maintenance! 125 doesn't sound heavy at all so I don't know why she is counting calories at this point... she should be concerned with eating healthy food and as much of it as she wants.