The Supercharged Hormone Diet

Options
This book was recommended to me and before I buy it, I was just curious if anyone else has read it or used it? I had a baby just over 4 months ago and can't seem to lose weight (despite faithfully counting calories and exercising since September 1st.) I am toning and building muscle but the scale hasn't budged for over 4 weeks now. Please let me know if you have heard or this book and what your opinions are on it. (good or bad!)
Thank you!

Replies

• johnnieb
    johnnieb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Haven't read this book...
    Just wanted to mention that thyroid disorders can be triggered by the hormonal onslaught that is pregnancy. That can make it very difficult to lose weight. I found out I was hypothyroid after having my son and had had no problems like that before.
    Just something to think about.
    Good luck!
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know not seeing the scale budge can be annoying, but have you been taking measurements? Muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less space, so if you're toning and building muscle it is completely possible that you're losing inches of fat but replacing it with muscles which could be why you're not seeing a result on the scale. have you noticed your clothes fitting better or even looser, that could an indication that you are getting rid of fat... just a thought, hope it helps.

And before anyone says it, yes I am fully aware that a pound of fat and a pound of muscle weigh the exact same but the muscle is gonna look smaller becaus it's more densely packed, so that's how I personally justify the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" comment....
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    And before anyone says it, yes I am fully aware that a pound of fat and a pound of muscle weigh the exact same but the muscle is gonna look smaller becaus it's more densely packed, so that's how I personally justify the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" comment....
    [/quote]

lol...I guess you could see that one coming :laugh:
  • hkrl
    hkrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been taking measurements and I have lost very little, half an inch here and there. The only significant inches lost have been in my bust and that was when I stopped breast feeding. As far as my clothes fitting differently... unfortunately I don't have a good gauge on that because I'm still in maternity clothes!!! Very frustrating! I try my "old" clothes on once a week and it doesn't really feel like I'm getting any closer to fitting into them. (but my fingers are crossed that one day I'll try them on and they will do up!)
    What kind of tests do they do to figure out if you have hypothroid issues?
    Also, that's why I was curious about the SuperCharged Hormone Diet... I wondered if it addresses the hormone fluctuation that your body goes through during and post pregnancy.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the HCG diet? I am on that diet and most "here" would crucify you for even typing out the words.... but, never the less, I am on the HCG diet and I am losing really nicely so far. I stalled at 169 for what seemed like FOREVER... and I went to my local health food store where they advised the HCG. I bought it, brought it home and did what they call "load" days last week~end. Anyway.... I won't give you my week history... my signature shows my results so far and I must say, not eating sugars and starches has been WONDERFUL TO ME AND MY BODY!!!! Before people start cutting my post down, I would like to add that there are people out there that are on a 800 calorie a day HCG diet and a 500 calorie a day diet.........PRESCRIBED BY THEIR DOCTOR..... so when you see where people are ripping my comment to pieces by negative comments, keep that in mind. Also, you can go to google and look up poundsandinches.com and that will give you a pretty good idea of what the HCG is really about. People say that I am losing my weight because of my low calorie diet and then they say that I will go in to starvation mode for eating so low of calories and my body is going to hang on to everything I put in to it and gain weight.....I Love this place! Anyway, I won't come back to this thread, because I refuse to read mean peoples comments but you can message me if you want to know anything more or just go to the poundsandinches on the internet. Please keep in mind though that if you decide to do this, you have to be ready to set the sugars and starches aside for about 6 to 8 weeks. If you eat them, you will gain. I take a Biotin Tablet everyday ( because the nay~sayers said that I would lose my hair ........better safe than sorry, I suppose ) but please, read up on it like I did before committing because it really is a strict way to lose weight and you really can't venture from it or you will be countering everything you set out to do. Plus......... I wanted to mention.......IF you decide to go this route.... DO NOT BUY the HCG from Wal~mart!!!!!!! It is a knock off of the REAL Hcg!!! Try your health food store or there are tons of places on the internet that you can get the drops or pellets from. Good luck to you!!!