Anyone eat Chipotle?

Options
jrgold
jrgold Posts: 45 Member
I am going there in a few hours and have never been there before ..I want something satisfying without going crazy. What do you get when you go?

Replies

• JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, chicken, salsa, corn and lettuce!!!

Here is a nutrition calculator:

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

Chipotle is yummy and you can totally make it healthy :)
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You can get brown rice at chipotle?!?!?!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I normally do a salad, no dressing, no rice, extra chicken or steak, salsa, cheese, sour cream and guac. All of that is under 500 calories and so filling! :)
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's new!!!

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=newsitem&newsid=36

It tastes exactly the same, too :)
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl with no cheese or sour cream with guac, salsa, black beans and rice, and all the veggies. You'll be full after that. Its like 550 cals. 8)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    not without this i dont

chipotle+away.jpg
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I get a salad with Barbacoa, Fajita veggies, Black beans, corn, tomatoes and red tomatillo salsa. Skip the rice and tortillas and save hundreds of calories.

Their dressing is awesome, but you don't need it if you have lots of salsa. I take the dressing home with me and eat it with raw spinach later in the week.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The health difference in white rice vs. brown is minimal.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the chips. Also, the hard tacos are pretty good. If you like soft tacos, the flour tortillas aren't that bad.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    didnt like it
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos! They come in servings of 3 tacos, but really 2 is all you need. I still haven't figured out if / how you can order 2.

ETA: corn tortillas, in generally better than flour.
  • jrgold
    jrgold Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    the burrito bowls sounds good...but i MUST have my guac!!!!

thanks for the calculator!
  • smpearce13
    smpearce13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a Chipotle addict. (but I've been good, haven't eaten there in a week or two now!) Get a burrito bowl instead of the tortilla. The tortillas taste awesome, but are pretty high in calories and carbs.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    OMG I didn't know they have brown rice at Chipotle, I MUST TRY THIS! I'm a huge Chipotle fan, I haven't gone in quite awhile because I switched jobs, but I think its awesome they offer brown rice now. All I can say about what to eat/not eat is DO NOT EAT THE TORTILLA AND DON'T ADD CHEESE. =0)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'll repeat the burrito bowl suggestion. I normally just get 1/2 the rice if I get it at all. And all the veggies! You can totally watch them put in stuff - so just tell them "just a little" of the splurge items - they will add little bits of time looking at you to tell them when to stop --- if I feel the need for gauc I do this (yes, I know its good fat and lots of other good stuff --- but it's also lots of calories!)
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I ate there for the first time ever about a month ago, and I wasn't that impressed. I got the burrito bowl with chicken. I guess it was OK, but I've definitely had better and would definitely prefer to spend my calories another way. By the way, their rice has a lot of cilantro in it, so if you don't like cilantro just keep that in mind!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I get the soft tacos. We don't have a chipotle where I currently live (but I had one where I grew up and went to college) and I REALLY miss it. It's a great "treat" food that isn't really all that bad for you. The tacos are around 650 calories for what I get- it's pretty high in fat but if you work it into your day it's no problem. Definitely avoid the chips, and if you get a burrito only eat half. I like the tacos because it's plenty of food and you can eat all of it without feeling too guilty! I find only eating half of the burrito is too hard!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Love love love Chipotle pulled pork tacos. I'm going there as soon as I can afford it for my next "cheat meal" lol. I think I'll try the hard tacos this time though. I usually go with black beans, sour cream, no cheese, guac, lettuce, and the corn salsa. But it would be nice if they had brown rice! :) I want to try the spicy salsa too.

Edit: I forgot! When I get tacos I don't get rice. lol.
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hadn't eaten there in years but they recently opened one in the bigger city surrounding us so hopefully I can try the bowl as well!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I get the vegetarian burrito bowl. .

They have a good chicken burrito bowl as well.