Deleting people who don't log on for a long period of time..

Options
Hi Guys! I have a quick question: Do you guys delete people who do not log on for a month or more? I have several people on my friend list that haven't logged on for at least a month with no notice as to why they would be gone. Part of me wants to be there for them if they come back, but if they are gone for good... why keep them? I have never deleted anyone, but at the very least I expect people to log their food. I think support goes a long way on here... but you have to give some to get some.

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    2 months. that's it. then I cut the dead weight *rimshot*
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't bother deleting them, because if they're not here, they're not clogging up the newsfeed. If there was still a limit on the number of friends, I would, but since there's not... why make extra work for yourself?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I have a quick question: Do you guys delete people who do not log on for a month or more? I have several people on my friend list that haven't logged on for at least a month with no notice as to why they would be gone. Part of me wants to be there for them if they come back, but if they are gone for good... why keep them? I have never deleted anyone, but at the very least I expect people to log their food. I think support goes a long way on here... but you have to give some to get some.

Personally, I don't bother. Some people on my list were gone for over 4 months and came back.

p.s. it's not like this is the first time this has been asked. :smile:
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I do if I don't know them in real life. If it's someone I know personally I leave them.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    The only way I know that people aren't there is if the news feed tells me. I don't go looking at my friends list. What does it matter whether they come back or not, you won't see them if they aren't posting and logging?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Heh I do xD But more like if they dont for like a week
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I don't but I just wish I had more personal interactions (i.e. comments and conversations) on my page.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I do. I occasionally check my friends and if someone hasn't logged in in a week I delete them. Either you're gonna do it, or not.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I clean up the dead-weight, too. Yea, my profile pic may look like I don't need support, but you know what: I was over 200 pounds at one point (lost a bit before I got on this site) & the support I've got on here makes me want to stick with this program no matter what curves life throws at me. At the same time as I give lots of positive encouragement and support to any who friend me, if they can't reciprocate I don't want to keep seeing "so & so did this" or "so & so has not logged in for..." when I've got some MFP's that support me as much as I support them. I don't want to be on someone else's page for no reason - so no support for 2 months & I'm sorry, but I don't need to have as many friends as everyone else just to say "I have this many friends".
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I checked my list, because I realized some people who were enthusiastic to start have been silent. I have seen posts by some of fitness pals that they clean out there friends list periodically. I will most likely leave it, since there are no limits on friends, as someone stated. It is probably not worth the effort. Have a great day everyone!
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that disappears for a little while and comes back.... This is mainly because I have really bad internet connections when I'm away from home (I work in a rural part of the country). I log most days on my iPod, but don't always have an internet connection for it to upload onto the website. If people deleted me because I don't post regularly, then I would have no friends!!! Please consider that some people may not be able to post for various reasons. This doesn't mean that they aren't trying to eat healthily or change their lives.