Warning Sought For 4800 Calorie Burger

Options
hibbler22
hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING WHEN THEY CREATED THIS THING! DONT THEY KNOW ITS ENOUGH OVER WEIGHT PEOPLE AND PEOPLE DYING FROM HEART ATTACKS! WTF? :grumble: :explode:

Grand Rapids, MI (AP) - The staff dietitian at a doctors group says a minor-league baseball team in Grand Rapids, Mich., should warn fans that a 4,800-calorie burger it plans to sell is bad for them.

It's called the Bodacious Ballpark Burger, and it'll soon be served up at a minor-league baseball park in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Susan Levin of the Washington-based Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine sent a letter to the West Michigan Whitecaps on Tuesday. She wants the enormous burger to be labeled a "dietary disaster" that increases the risk of cancer and heart disease.

The 4-pound, $20 burger features five beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips -- all on an 8-inch bun.

Whitecaps spokesman Mickey Graham says the team hasn't considered labeling the burger, which he says is a gimmick being promoted as a very unhealthy menu item.

Replies

• hibbler22
    Options
    WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING WHEN THEY CREATED THIS THING! DONT THEY KNOW ITS ENOUGH OVER WEIGHT PEOPLE AND PEOPLE DYING FROM HEART ATTACKS! WTF? :grumble: :explode:

Grand Rapids, MI (AP) - The staff dietitian at a doctors group says a minor-league baseball team in Grand Rapids, Mich., should warn fans that a 4,800-calorie burger it plans to sell is bad for them.

It's called the Bodacious Ballpark Burger, and it'll soon be served up at a minor-league baseball park in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Susan Levin of the Washington-based Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine sent a letter to the West Michigan Whitecaps on Tuesday. She wants the enormous burger to be labeled a "dietary disaster" that increases the risk of cancer and heart disease.

The 4-pound, $20 burger features five beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips -- all on an 8-inch bun.

Whitecaps spokesman Mickey Graham says the team hasn't considered labeling the burger, which he says is a gimmick being promoted as a very unhealthy menu item.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    OMG! You would literally gain over a pound for one burger. It sounds disgusting too!

~Leash
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    makes me hungry
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you have to warn someone not to eat this, you probably need to warn them against procreation. I'm just saying.
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ewww :sick: How could people eat that?!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    If you have to warn someone not to eat this, you probably need to warn them against procreation. I'm just saying.

lol
  • hibbler22
    Options
    LOL I KNOW RIGHT, WHY WOULD YOU WANNA OR THINK OF MAKING SOMETHING LIKE THAT! YUK:sick:
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That doesn't even sound good!!! If I wanted to (or even COULD) consume 4800 calories at one time, I'd rather have fettucinni drenched in alfredo!!! And some chocolate thrown in for dessert......or some cheesecake. Oh my, I'm hungry. :explode:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I live right near this ball park and all I have to say is its disgusting....:mad: I cannot believe that they make this ridiculous burger seem like an american icon. It just goes to show why are country is over weight and why Michigan is one of the most over weight states in the country.

I have to say when I move from this place in three months I will never be coming back.

Shame on them :angry:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I would totally get this with a bunch of friends. Sounds like a yummy meal that would last several days for several people. Small portions! And I have no problem with it. You can make whatever food you want. The biggest issue is that people aren't aware of what they're buying. That isn't producer responsibility, in that case. They're not hiding any calorie bomb. That's just consumer demand and consumer stupidity if abused.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    Sounds awful..... do you think they would ship to California?
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It sound good to me, but considering it is ballpark food I would probably end up wearing most of it. How could someone eat this sitting in a stadium seat without making a huge mess?
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That doesn't even sound good!!! If I wanted to (or even COULD) consume 4800 calories at one time, I'd rather have fettucinni drenched in alfredo!!! And some chocolate thrown in for dessert......or some cheesecake. Oh my, I'm hungry. :explode:

now that sounds like a good meal!!! the burger just sounds gross!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options

LOL You got that right!
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Eugh... makes me sick just reading about it.

Sad thing is; people will buy it... and eat it all. :sick:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    ugh :huh:

one word....Gross
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! that's like 3 DAYS worth of calories for me! :noway: :sick: