Weekend Temptations...are you giving in or fighting back????

Options
Ok, Weekends equals parties, drinks, sweets, lots of carbs, etc etc...how not to give in!!! Oh my God, it's Sooooo hard!!!! Do you feel the same way??? How do you fight these temptations????

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I don't fight them... the weekend is when I ALLOW myself to enjoy all of them.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    honestly i just don't go out much. i also do not keep any junk foods around the house so i will be forced to go out and get them if i must have them.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I always have a treat at the weekend - gives me something to work for all week. xx
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    DITTO!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't drink - so alcohol is a non-issue for me.

As for the sweets and goodies? I don't deny myself things I enjoy during the week, so the weekend doesn't turn into a binge fest. I figure if I allot for the calories of what I want, when I want it - I won't go crazy later. It has been working for me. :)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I dont deprive myself of anything, as long as it fits into my macros I eat it.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    really bad cravings for chocolate today....but i am a month clean (lol) and did not decide to destroy myself today...which i feel rather smug about now. If I had given in and had it at lunch time i would have totally had a major binge by now. and i would feel rubbish!

woop.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I guess I have to say that I give in, if not I just crave things or I will give in later. I think it is ok to allow ourselves some free days as long as we get back on
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    DITTO!

Yep! :) In moderation!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Best advice - don't fight them. Treat yourself once a week. It's what I do. But - if you're going to splurge, try to make healthy choices the best you can. For instance, last week I went out for a big juicy burger at Max and Ermas. I got the smaller "Erma Size" burger and I got a wheat bun, bleu cheese, sauteed onion and mushrooms, lettuce and tomato on it. Nothing else. I also opted for a fruit dish instead of fries with it, and drank water. I'm planning on going to Chipotle for my next splurge, but that probably won't be until next weekend. /cry :( Cause we're broke... lol.

But anyway, going there I plan to get hard tacos instead of soft, pulled pork (carnitas) with no rice, black beans, lettuce, sour cream, guac, and medium salsa. That is about 780 calories, 38g fat, 13g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 1320mg sodium, 64g carbs, 20g fiber, 10g sugar, and 41g protein. Now, that seems huge, and it is for one meal. (the worst part is the sat. fat! ugh!) But if you spread it out throughout the day, like eat 1 taco for lunch and the other 2 for dinner, it's really not so bad. Then you could still have a low fat, healthy light breakfast too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    DITTO!

Same here! I consider a few indulgences to be part of my plan.
  • katbat65
    Options
    I was invited to a "Girl's Night In" which was raising miney for Breast Cancer. I ate cheese and other naughties, but did exercise more restraint that I would have a few months back! I simply made up for it by adding an extra gym session this week and I walked to the gym as well adding an extra 4.7km to the exercise. I had my half-way weigh in for the twelve week challenge this week as well and was happy to see that I had exceeded my goal. What I learned from this is that I can plan around these social events and balance having a few treats as long as I'm happy to balance it with exercise.

My neighbours have invited me to a party next weekend.....I hope there is cheese there! lol
  • magratnj
    magratnj Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it just all works out.... Today I spent a couple of hours cutting down bushes in the backyard. Tonight, I'm having daiquiris or maybe margaritas with all the extra calories I earned.
    Last week it didn't...ended up at a reception where the fabulous buffet was part of the point of the party......sigh. Sometimes it's hard to make good choices, but every day is a new day.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am more lenient with myself on the weekends, but try not to go too crazy. I eat my "junk" foods, but try low-fat, low-sugar versions if I can and I still stay with in my calorie range. Tonight, I'm going out with some of my girl friends- I already plugged my drinks into my calorie count, and since I drink vodka/diet it's not that many calories, even though I'm planning on having a lot of them :) Since I'm also going to be dancing for several hours, it works out to more calories being burned from the excercise than are consumed from the drinks!
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I dont drink anymore. Only on a major holiday. Christmas...New Years Eve etc... So for me thats not a concern. Im mostly into cake and cookies...Im a sugar freak. So I eat healthy allll week and exercise 6 days a week. Saturday is what I like to call my cheat day. I eat whatever I want. I look forward to this day like a little kid does Christmas. This way I dont go crazy the whole week craving cakes and crap they bring in at work. I have the will power to say no because I know that chocolate cake will be waiting for me on saturday :-)
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I work shifts not 9-5 so weekends are just like any other day to me. Makes life easier :ohwell:
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    really bad cravings for chocolate today....but i am a month clean (lol) and did not decide to destroy myself today...which i feel rather smug about now. If I had given in and had it at lunch time i would have totally had a major binge by now. and i would feel rubbish!

woop.

And I have to say you look great!! Keep it up!
  • doctress
    Options
    I drink plenty of water, and follow the serving sizes. My indulgence is Cheez-its, but I limit myself to 1 serving and eat 1 piece at a time. Weekends are also great for working off all the cals, like the other posters mentioned.
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    I fight back! when tempted I go do something else, like go for a walk or work out. Keep your hands and mind busy and find a new hobby. If your weekends equal all those things that helped you gain weight then maybe its time to find alternate weekend activites. If your super busy and having fun during the day then you might be less likely to feel the need to indulge at night. I need to lose some major pounds and I know that the treats, junk food and drinking sugary and alcoholic beverages helped me gain so I turn the temptation to anger and walk it off. I drink lots of peppermint tea it helps with sweet cravings and also helps with waterweight too!! If you give in now you will give in again, and then again, really one more wont hurt? it did before and it will again. stay strong and plan smart. Plan evey day to have some things you enjoy but keep the portions small and savor them. some simple rules passed on from some very good friends of mine;
    1. dont eat anything or drink sweet or alcohol after 7:30 or 8pm
    2. dont wear streachy pants, they give you an excuse if they are tight you will remember what your goals are
    3. drink lots of water or herbal teas
    4. always sit when you eat and if you can have pleasant conversation to draw it out.
    5. plan your meals and snacks and treats
    6. take multivitamins, your body might be craving things if it is low in essentials.

I get an amazing sense of satisfaction from being strong and not giving in to my "gateway" foods when im craving them. I will have a small portion of them when ive earned them not when my brain says "Gotta have it!" im in charge not my cravings.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I fight back! when tempted I go do something else, like go for a walk or work out. Keep your hands and mind busy and find a new hobby. If your weekends equal all those things that helped you gain weight then maybe its time to find alternate weekend activites. If your super busy and having fun during the day then you might be less likely to feel the need to indulge at night. I need to lose some major pounds and I know that the treats, junk food and drinking sugary and alcoholic beverages helped me gain so I turn the temptation to anger and walk it off. I drink lots of peppermint tea it helps with sweet cravings and also helps with waterweight too!! If you give in now you will give in again, and then again, really one more wont hurt? it did before and it will again. stay strong and plan smart. Plan evey day to have some things you enjoy but keep the portions small and savor them. some simple rules passed on from some very good friends of mine;
    1. dont eat anything or drink sweet or alcohol after 7:30 or 8pm
    2. dont wear streachy pants, they give you an excuse if they are tight you will remember what your goals are
    3. drink lots of water or herbal teas
    4. always sit when you eat and if you can have pleasant conversation to draw it out.
    5. plan your meals and snacks and treats
    6. take multivitamins, your body might be craving things if it is low in essentials.

I get an amazing sense of satisfaction from being strong and not giving in to my "gateway" foods when im craving them. I will have a small portion of them when ive earned them not when my brain says "Gotta have it!" im in charge not my cravings.

Love this! And I love your mindset! Wonderful! :)