Recovery after a big dinner/drinking night

Options
So last night we went out to celebrate our friend's birthday and we had AMAZING Italian food and then went out for drinks. My dinner was a lobster and shrimp ravioli and it was on a butter sauce ( d'oh!!) I had 2 red wine sangrias, and then at the bar I had 4 double jack and diet cokes! I am thinking I had to have had about 1000 calories worth with all of that at least. So what is your plan of attack after a guilty night? I have been successfully losing weight each week for the Thinner for Thanksgiving competition and yesterday before all the gluttony happened I had lost another .2 so I want to be successful for this next week's weigh in.

Advice and support please!!!!!

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Advil! and water! lol :drinker:
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    just curious what the advil is for???
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    We all have nights like that. My best advice is just get right back after it today. Don't worry about it and make sure you drink lots of water and get in a nice long hike or some kind of cardio workout.
    You'll be good as new tomorrow.
    Bryn
  • litelight
    Options
    I do 10 minutes more of a cardio workout, but I don't count it. And double up on the water. It just makes me feel better :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Just let it go. Drink plenty of water, take moderate exercise, and eat healthy, But beyond that, I'd just put your night out behind you, and move forward.
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well for starters the guilt is natural but there's nothing wrong with treating yourself every now and then. I usually do a day replacing two meals with shakes/protein smoothies as discipline for the food I ate the day before. I start the morning drinking hot water and lemon, green tea, 32 oz water, and berry protein smoothie (homemade). Then continue to drink water and have soup, salad, or something light for lunch. Snack on berries and have another shake for dinner. That helps for me after a day of big eating/drinking. Hope that helps.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just start fresh the next morning and don't beat yourself up over it. As long as you're not doing that frequently you'll get back on track quickly.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You just move on. I know those nights are going to happen; during the wl portion and during maintenance. have fun in life! Just not every night (Ha!)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Advil! and water! lol :drinker:
    [/quote

Id say the advil is for the hangover she may have had after all the hard liquor she consumed?
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Let it go. You can do a nice long work out though. Log everything you ate and drank, then if you want, do a nice long work out. You can make up for all those calories if you want by working out.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options

The 4 Rum and cokes! haha!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

The 4 Rum and cokes! haha!
    Exactly
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Yes advil is pumping through my body as we speak and so is the water LOL. I tell you what I think I handled last night like a champ though because I haven't drank a lot like that since February when it was my birthday haha. I think after I clean the house and get hydrated I will walk the dog (slower shorter walk for him he's still a pup) and then go get in a walk for me. Thanks everyone! You are absolutely right we do need to have fun every now and then. :)