Zumba

Options
I really enjoy different types of exercises. One that I love is Zumba...I was wondering if anyone knew how many calories you burn while doing Zumba...thanks!!

Melissa - Motivated182:smile:

Replies

• Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Go to zumbacalories.com. I love Zumba too!
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i use this too :) gotta love zumba

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too! I enter it as aerobics (general) or you can enter it as dancing (general). I weigh 200# so I can burn up to 445 calories in one hour.
  • Zoey290
    Zoey290 Posts: 13
    Options
    I really enjoy different types of exercises. One that I love is Zumba...I was wondering if anyone knew how many calories you burn while doing Zumba...thanks!!

Melissa - Motivated182:smile:
    It depends on the instructor. I burn about 600 an hour with one and about 750 with another. Both my instructors wear heart monitors along with several in the class, so I take the average.
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa, I also do Zumba at least 5 days a week. I have found that I usually burn between 900 to 1000 calories and hour! It is definitly one of the most effective workouts that I have tried. You burn way more calories doing Zumba than most other routine cardio exersizes and you have way more fun!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    really depends on the class instructor- I take the class at my gym and 2 different instructors teach it totally different. I burn a lot(at least 400cal) at each class for 1hr, but 1 class is a bit more advanced and I just got back from it today and my HRM said I burned about 600 cal. I weigh 175, 5'7. Don't know if this helps...sorry I can't do more:)
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Also you should invest in a calorie counter/heart rate monitor. You can get one from Walmart for like $30. You will notice that at first you will burn many calories and then once you are used to it, the calorie burning will slowly decline so you will really have to push yourself. Hope this helps.
  • justagirl34
    Options
    I would encourage you to invest in a heart rate monitor. It will calculate how many calories you burn the most accurate. I just bought a Polar FT40 and I love it! It can be pricy, but it has great reviews. I will find out on monday how much calories I burn in Zumba on Monday.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    "santa" bought me a Wii Fit...now Im waiting for him to buy me a Zumba game to go with it! I cant wait to try it out...I use my my HRM for other dvd workouts!