how often do you weigh your self?

Options
i started weighing my self every morning as soon as i got up on my wii fit board, but it started annoying me because it would say iv lost weight then it would say iv put weight on so it made me want to eat a load of crap! piza and things
so i have decided to weigh once a week on a friday but i feel like i cant wait and just want to get on the scale board

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    Every morning. I know that's excessive, but I can't help it.
  • Lamemind
    Lamemind Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, I don't take the weight gain too seriously. At the end of the month, the small ups are trumped by the downward slope and that's what keeps me motivated :)
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I weigh myself on Fridays as well.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I use to weight daily...multiple times a day.
    But I have decided to not let the scale control me/define who I am, so I very rarely weigh myself. Maybe once a month now.

Beginning next week I am participating in a challenge at my gym and will have to weigh in once a week. I am kind of nervous about that as I have really tried to stay off the scale and just go by how my clothes feel.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    mondays and thursdays! good to know what my weight is going into the weekend and good to see the damage i did ( if any) when im starting a new week!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I like to see how it fluctuates based on what I eat. However, this morning was the first time I haven't lol
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh every other week but recently I've been so impatient I did it every week. I'm glad I don't have a scale at home or I would be obsessing every time I think something is wrong. Every other day I feel like I'm fatter lol

I go to Publix to weigh myself, hehe
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    everytime my eyesight hit the scale i jump on it. LOL... and it's right next to my bed. hehehehe....

ok ok... seriously though, i only record saturday morning weight. so once a week. hehe
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday cause lol im a little odd and enjoy seeing the fluctuations that can happen with the human body im a bit of a science nerd

I have a thing i call fake weight basically if my weight goes up drastically for no apparent reason i know its due to something like water what or ate the day before and my salt consumption etc so it doesnt freak me out i mean just think about how many calories are in a pound its something like 3000 so if you no you didnt eat over that in the day before you know that you havent really gained that

so if you cant fight the urge and do weigh yourself daily or a couple of times a week just remember your true weight can be hidden by a bunch of things and massive weight gains in a short period of time when there no reason are very unlikley to be real gains :)
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    once a week, first thing in the morning on mondays. i think i might switch to fridays though because i'm usually naughtier with my food on the weekends. ;)
  • vyomafit
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only care what the scale says on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh myself in the morning... but I usually end up doing it 4-5 times a day. :( I know... obsessive. I can't help it. I want to do it that often, mostly to see the natural fluctuations in my weight throughout the day, making sure they're not out of control. Compared to when I started working out and changing my eating habits, the fluctuations are only about 1-2lbs from morning to night now, instead of 5-10lbs. But I usually wait a week when I see a drop in weight before recording it as an actual loss.
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not discouraged from your good habits by normal fluctuations, then daily weighing has been shown to help keep you accountable. Several studies have shown that daily weighers tend to lose more weight.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a freak and weigh myself several times a day - I like to see the fluctuation but I don't stress about weight gain because I know there is ZERO possibility that I actually gained anything with the way I exercise and eat right.

I just like to know where I am during the day and that helps me change up my food consumption!

Don't stress!
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    I planned to weigh in every Wednesday but I have been doing it every day. There is a talking digital scale where I am on vacation, and it's pretty neat. Maybe after I get home I'll just go back to Wednesdays.
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every day when waking up. I think some are like you and seeing daily results can be demoralizing in a way that leads to binging. I'm the opposite, I need that feedback to keep me motivated. If I lose I feel great and like I'm on track. If I gain I know I need to pay more attention although I also know it's normal to go slightly up and down so I usually don't stress too much if it takes a bump slightly up for a day or two. When it goes longer I look to see what my nutrient ratios are and to consider whether to shake things up a bit.

I think you have to do what works best for your personality and what keeps you going forward.

I go longer in between taking measurements and find those numbers and how I'm fitting into clothes just as motivating.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I weigh myself twice a day, sometimes every other day. I like to keep myself in check.. if I eat bad, I notice it on the scale, if I do well, the number motivates me to keep going. Some people look down on it and thats fine, I think what works best for you is always what you should do. :)
  • Determined1980
    Options
    Once a month. Too much stress for me to weigh everyday.
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and before I go to bed, and before and after a workout...I weigh myself quite a bit in a day. I can't wait once a week.

3926935.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me.....