Salad dressing?

Options
I'm trying to figure out which salad dressing have the least calories and taste the best. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• motheroftwoboys
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out which salad dressing have the least calories and taste the best. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I make my own with Apple cider vinegar Amino acids and Grape seed oil...and crushed garlic....

Yumm

dd
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    the salad spritzers are great. I tried Kens honey mustard and it's 15 calories for 10 sprays. they other flavors too and other brands.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I make my own with Apple cider vinegar Amino acids and Grape seed oil...and crushed garlic....

Yumm

dd

That sounds interesting! What is grape seed oil?

I like those salad spritzers that have 4 calories a spritz. The one I am using now is Wishbone Balsamic breeze.
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions.:happy:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Grapeseed Oil is an ecologically sound product that is made from the seeds of grapes after the wine is pressed. It is high in vitamin E and is 76% linoleic acid (also known as Omega 6), an essential fatty acid. It is low in saturated fat, contains natural chlorophyll and valuable antioxidants (known as proanthocyninidins). Studies have shown that grapeseed oil has a unique ability that may significantly raise HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol) and lower LDL cholesterol (the "bad" cholesterol). It has also been shown to lower triglycerides, the effect of which may lower your risk of cardiovascular disease and impotency, something that no other food product has been known to do!

HTH

dd
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Grapeseed Oil is an ecologically sound product that is made from the seeds of grapes after the wine is pressed. It is high in vitamin E and is 76% linoleic acid (also known as Omega 6), an essential fatty acid. It is low in saturated fat, contains natural chlorophyll and valuable antioxidants (known as proanthocyninidins). Studies have shown that grapeseed oil has a unique ability that may significantly raise HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol) and lower LDL cholesterol (the "bad" cholesterol). It has also been shown to lower triglycerides, the effect of which may lower your risk of cardiovascular disease and impotency, something that no other food product has been known to do!

HTH

dd

Thanks zen.:smile:
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Yumm

dd

This sounds awesome! What are the amounts? We need the recipe! :flowerforyou:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i make my own...

- crushed garlic
    - soy sauce
    - balsamic vinegar
    - mustard
    - cayenne pepper
    - lime

its really good.. sometime i substitute lime for like 1 tsp of newmans organic ginger and sesame dressing...
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I like my litehouse dressing I got today. So yummy. Harvest Cranberry 25 calories for 2 tablespoons.

Now for some dressings I just found and want to try.....(I just bought this book with them in them for $2.00)

Avocado Dressing
    1/2 avocado, peeled and mashed
    1/4 c vinegar
    1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
    1/2 c olive oil

Makes 6 servings (3/4 cup)
    Per serving 110 calories.

Now I know that sounds like alot but avocadoes are really good for you. So it does have some good fats. But for a splurge it sounds so yummy.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    cider vinegar and grapeseed oil sounds very good indeed

i normaly eat my salad with balsamic vinegar.. or plain lemon juice. or both

may
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Try Salsa.
    it works great only has 10 calories for a tablespoon and I get the spicy hot. so there is flavor in that boring old lettuce without having to add a lot of extra.