I'm done with it all!!

Options

Replies

• Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't give up! But at the same time, don't forget this takes time and it's not a race, it's a lifestyle! I started out at 210 and I am 5'4". I was wearing size 18 jeans. I couldn't get into the 16's till I was close to 190; and I didn't get int size 14 till I was about 183. now I am 160 ind in a 12. I've been at this for 10 1/2 months! PATIENCE! And Never Give Up!
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    Oh My Goodness! If you're looking for jeans... DO NOT GO TO TARGET!!! I never, ever, ever find jeans that fit well. By accident, I found a pair there that was a 14. I went to get a 12 when the 14's got too loose. And the 12's wouldn't go up my leg. The exact same brand, style, everything. Sheesh.
    I just got a pair of jeans at Wal-Mart. They fit fantastic, very comfortable, and the size doesn't seem all screwy. I actually left happy. And better yet, they were only $10. They were the Levi Aunthentic (I think?), mid rise, boot cut. I love them and I just bought them today.

Good luck!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Clothes shopping isn't fun. It's frustrating, because no size is made the same for ever brand. I can't tell you how many fits I have thrown in dressing rooms and how many depression tailspins I have gone into over clothing. Here is a few tips for next time you go out. Try on the last size that you fit into and go from there. Go with what flatters your figure, rather then the number on the tag. Shop with an open mind. Don't go out looking for something, let something find you. Also, Target is evil. There clothing is cut so weird and sized so strangely. I stick to Boscov's or Deb.
  • Malani2010
    Options
    Why would that make you give up? If anything, you should channel how you are feeling and work even harder. Look at the success stories on here. If they can do it, so can you.

Hang in there.

I'm not done working out I'm done shopping for clothes!!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

I'm not done working out I'm done shopping for clothes!!!

LOL OH! Well, that's different, now isn't it. ;D

Give it a month and go back around Thanksgiving. See how they feel then. :)
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh My Goodness! If you're looking for jeans... DO NOT GO TO TARGET!!! I never, ever, ever find jeans that fit well. By accident, I found a pair there that was a 14. I went to get a 12 when the 14's got too loose. And the 12's wouldn't go up my leg. The exact same brand, style, everything. Sheesh.
    I just got a pair of jeans at Wal-Mart. They fit fantastic, very comfortable, and the size doesn't seem all screwy. I actually left happy. And better yet, they were only $10. They were the Levi Aunthentic (I think?), mid rise, boot cut. I love them and I just bought them today.

Good luck!

I was going to say the same thing....being short this is the only place I can find jeans that fit. I usually get the Walmart brand(stretch)..not the funky stretch but they fit my butt better stretch
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nope, you are NOT done! Sometimes it would be easier to say your done but you will never be done! You have two beautiful children to do this for. Do you want them to go through this someday??? I know I dont want my girls to have to do this so Im going to continue to stick with this even though I ate a bunch of homemake cookies today...I will continue to do this for my girls and I hope you will still continue to do it for your kids! DONT GIVE UP! Just dont shop for jeans! :) I know I haven't and wont until I absolutely have to......
  • suzieqj
    suzieqj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try ANA jeans from JC Penney. They fit great and very stylish. Dont give up you are doing fantastic.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you've lost 50 and you want to quit. interesting. your profile does say that you've been on and off the journey (as have I and others). don't make all of your hard work for naught simply because today's pants shopping didn't work out as you hoped. That happens. The journey to a healthy lifestyle doesn't move along as quickly as we would always like. patience is key. to maintain patience and continue working hard, you need powerful motivation. dig deep and find yours. check out my will power blog below for ideas of questions to ask yourself. stay on the journey and you can attain your goals. quit and you won't. you can do this...
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump

I started out with tight 24w and now I am thrilled with 18's. I am striving for 16's, but all in due time.
  • Beautybeyondmyskin
    Beautybeyondmyskin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sweetie Never Give UP!!!! IF anything that should have made you say that is it, IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE !!! GO HARD PUSH YOURSELF!!! YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE RESULTS!!! Hold your head up and know that you are not alone!!!
  • ericaalmanzar
    Options
    I found shopping at Target extremely frustrating too. Nothing fit me right but I couldn't fit into my old clothes. Don't give up. I tried JC Penny's and found several pairs of jeans that worked for me. On a side note I read that jeans are one of the hardest clothes to shop for.
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I started out in 24's. I had a few pair of smaller ones (22's) in my drawers that I pulled out. Once they started geting way way too big I went looking for 20's. I couldn't get them buttoned, no matter what style I tried but the 22s were falling off of me.

I decided the only way to stop getting frustrated and save myself some money was to alter them myself. I pulled out my sewing machine and took 2 pairs of jeans in. Now, I have no idea what size I wear, all I know is the ones I wear fit me just fine! Size means nothing. Fit means everything!! If you can, take the ones in that you have until you are able to comfortably get into a smaller size.

Don't give up, take in!! You have worked to hard to give in to a pair of jeans!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I agree with TexasNana41. I think may be reading back your profile will bring you back to your original goal. When the going gets tough the tough gets going.
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I'm not done with losing weight I guess I just needed to vent for a bit. I'm sorry if it came out that way!!! I will continue I am just a little upset right now!!! I don't have any friends to go shopping with its just me hubby and kids!!!
  • tricia19444
    Options
    malani -

I know how you feel. Last Thursday I was in a dressing room crying because I have lost 30 pounds since June, and I am still the same size, and couldn't find anything I needed that I could afford.
    Everyone else has said great advice, I just wanted to sympathize with you...

Keep going. You'll wake up one morning and wonder how you lost a size or two.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You are doing such a great job. Try old navy...and if you don't have any success....keep on tryin g until you find something you are happy with. You have come too far to give up and after all the obstacles you have overcome during this journey! You will be fine.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've def found that Target runs small!! Just try another store!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is why I shop at Goodwill & thrift stores. Well, also, because I'm cheap. But if something doesn't fit, you can just say "oh, well, it was probably mislabeled in the first place." :laugh:
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Read the quotes you have on your signature.