Fried Foods... True Story!

Options
So yesterday was my birthday and I was feeling SO great about myself after many months of eating healthy and working out. My boyfriend took me to Maggiano's last night and let me just say YUM!!!! I decided since it was my birthday and I was actually fitting in a hot little dress that I could cheat a little bit, so I order the Chicken Parm (not grilled, but fried - a little piece of heaven!!!!) I ate one piece with some roasted asparagus and took the other piece home.

On the way home, I decided that I wanted to stop by Barnes and Noble to walk around for a few minutes, maybe grab some coffee or something and talk... This was a BAD idea!

After 2-3 minutes of walking, my stomach started acting up horribly! It was making noises (in public) that made me cringe! I seriously had to RUSH home to go to the bathroom! (SO embarrassing and SO true!)

Let's just say I will be staying away from fried foods from now on!

What a great way to end a birthday - in the bathroom! HAHA I guess it will be healthy eating from now on - even on special occasions!

Replies

• maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ugh, fried anything does that to me too! I've learned to just avoid it at all times!

Sorry you had to deal with that on your b'day!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    You really realize how bad that type of food is and how horribly it effects your bod once you've been eating clean for a bit and go back. Sorry you had to learn that way on your BDay!

But congrats on fitting in the hot little dress -- and Happy Birthday!

Lucy :)
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    happy belated bday....and same thing happened to me...thats to teach us a lesson....lol
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I can't do fried foods anymore either. I am actually really happy about it. My tummy does the same thing yours did. I hope you had a good birthday other than that.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too if I have gone a long time eating fried foods. It also happens to me with fast food. Sorry for your experience.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: easy in easy out...lol, fried food does the same to me!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    yeah I think it happened a lot when I was eating that stuff but I think I just considered the stomach problems the norm. I have not been "stomach" ill since I did my first two weeks of grilled chicken/veges/ fruits detox.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Thanks guys! It makes me feel SO much better to know that I'm not the only one who can't stomach fried foods anymore.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade version that totally tastes like the restaurant but is healthy and won't effect you that way!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    For next time (hoping there isn't, of course): Barnes and Noble stores usually have a restroom. Most of the time, they are pretty clean.

I'm sorry your birthday ended with you on the pot.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    OMG that happened to me recently! I ate heavily fried foods and my stomach was ACHING soooo bad that night!!!
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OMG, I went to McDonald's last night and my stomach did not agree. I didnt have to rush to the bathroom but my stomach did not like all of the grease!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I used to eat fried foods a lot but I have been doing a detox/cleanse for the last 3 weeks (will be 28 days total when done) where I have eliminated fried foods, alcohol and sweets. Your story makes me want to avoid them now altogether.lol Thanks again, sorry it had to happen on your birthday but now you know how much your body has changed, which is a good thing. Take care!:-)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I was craving beer battered fish- since it was in my cals for the day I made it. so good but soon after I was in bed for the rest of the night because I could not move my stomach hurt so bad. I am all done with fried food.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My problem on top of the horrible stomach ate after eating fast food/fried foods, is that I'm always disappointed. I go in remembering how great it tasted when I ate like crap and then I order and think "What a waste of calories!" Then I feel even worse when my stomach is killing me later that night.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!