Vegetarians?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any healthy, vegetarian fast food options. I try not to eat fast food at all but occasionally i have to just because i'm in such a hurry all the time and it is hard finding anything to eat anywhere when you don't eat meat lol.

Replies

• lucylou9701
    Options
    Subway veggie sub on whole wheat is only 180 calories :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Salad? =/
    I'm a vegetarian but I don't eat fast food. I know that some taco bells use vegetarian beans and will replace the meat with beans in any meal. Burger king has a veggie burger...
    I say save yourself the money and calories and stick an apple and protein bar in your bag. That's what I do! :D
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    The Burger King veggie burger is surprisingly delicious. Not sure on cals, however.
  • apsmith51
    apsmith51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I just went today and had the Burger King Veggie Burger for the very first time. It was really good. If you order it the way they fix it by default but have them hold the mayo, it is 340 calories.
  • xOpti
    xOpti Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for about a year and eat out 3-4 times a week due to my work schedule. My staples for eating out is a veggie sandwich from subway, a dish from Noodles & Co sans meat (sometimes i'll add tofu), Chipotle has great veggie options as does Pei Wei. I have a hard time with places like taco bell and such. The places I mentioned can be calorie heavy but they use good ingredients and lots of fresh veggies.

As a rule of thumb, Indian and authentic Asian places will always have vegetarian options. Most sandwich places like Kneaders will have good options as well.
  • andlovesaidn0
    Options
    subway, wendys has good salads
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Salad? =/
    I'm a vegetarian but I don't eat fast food. I know that some taco bells use vegetarian beans and will replace the meat with beans in any meal. Burger king has a veggie burger...
    I say save yourself the money and calories and stick an apple and protein bar in your bag. That's what I do! :D

I like the idea of taking something with you. It's cheaper and probably healthier than any fast food you could get. :)

If you're going to be out and busy it's a good idea to have a granola bar and a bottle of water with you. It's a habit I picked up from going places with my grandmother. :p
  • jayvrdrjn
    jayvrdrjn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Subway veggie sub with the veggie patty - gives you some protein too and is delicious
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Mmmm chipotle...... Chipotle with Rice, Black beans, fajita vegetables, lettuce, corn salsa, guacamole.... <3
  • xOpti
    xOpti Posts: 4
    Options
    Mmmm chipotle...... Chipotle with Rice, Black beans, fajita vegetables, lettuce, corn salsa, guacamole.... <3

In my opinion, Chipotle has the best guacamole ever. Hands down.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I like the vegetarian burrito bowl or salad at chipotle, 6 inch veggie patty or veggie delight sub at subway, and the fresco bean burrito at taco bell for fast food choices. While I do not eat fast food very often, I like knowing that I have options if I need something to eat on the road.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options

In my opinion, Chipotle has the best guacamole ever. Hands down.

That is what I order when I go there except I add their medium salsa to it as well and I get it as a burrito bowl. So good and filling.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Chipotle has great veggie options as does Pei Wei.

Pei Wei has the best tofu!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - tostada (250 cal), bean and cheese burrito (500 calories) - order fresca (= no cheese and knock off an additional 50 calories each)

Subway - veggie delight w/or w/out cheese

McDonald's - salad + fruit n yogurt parfait + granola

Kentucky Fried Chicken = salad, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob

Burger King or A&W = veggie burger

Wendy's = salad bar + baked potato

Frankly, most fast food places are vegetarian and low-cal friendly these days, though remain high sodium and sugar.
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Theres usually a lot of good options in Greek places too if you have one nearby. I'm lucky enough to have two places nearby that have take out that doesn't take too long. Course, being a bit money concious, I tend to usually have a granola bar, almonds, apricots or something along those lines with me.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness. That is exactly what I order. I just get both mild and medium salsa.

There are not a lot of fast food vegetarian options where I live, so I either make it myself and pack it or find a sit-down restaurant.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am a vegatarian too...