NSV: I'm not quitting and you shouldn't either!

Options
wish21
wish21 Posts: 602 Member
Today I am feeeling the affects of eatting out at Olive Garden yesterday. Let me tell you it's the worst feeling ever. I had the tour of Italy, sure it was delicious but doesnt mean it was good for me. I haven't work out either from wed-fri. So today my workout was tiring, sluggish, and painful. I say all this because normally this is the time I would say whatever and quit, but this time I say NO i'm not doing it. Neither should you if you completely blew yesterday or today. I realized that I over done my special birthday meal wth my mom and know it is lessoned learned for next time:ohwell: Sure I "feel" like a blew my(almost) two month progress, but I think of the song by Martina Mcbride- Anyway. She says you could spend you whole life building something from nothing and then one storm can come and blow it all away build it anyway. :flowerforyou: So i'll keep going!

#NeverGiveUP

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    THAT'S THE RIGHT ATTITUDE!!!!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I needed this! I've messed up the last few months. I keep coming back here, thinking I'm gonna do oit right today, and I keep not doing it right. But I'll be back tomorrow.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Good attitude and know that one meal at Olive Garden isn't going to harm all your hard work. Just let it go ... at least you had a nice time with your mom! Sometimes making the memories is more important! You've got this!! : )
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    Thanks I needed that.
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've totally been there before, but you're right, a few mistakes don't erase everything, including all the progress you've made, so moving forward and not looking back is the best thing you can do. : )
  • cronus404
    Options
    olive garden is brutal. I've only gone over my limit 2x since i've been on this website and one of those was because of a house salad at olive garden. Those things are brutal when the dressing is on it. Never again. The other time was bertuccis. At least the pasta i had was worth it. If i'm going to blow my calories i want it to be for something im eating to enjoy not because i thought it was good for me. Everyone is entitled to a day off. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy yourself. And p.s. F*** Olive Garden. I love their food but they are my enemy for the next year.
  • wish21
    Options
    Thanks - I needed this! I've messed up the last few months. I keep coming back here, thinking I'm gonna do oit right today, and I keep not doing it right. But I'll be back tomorrow.
    You are soo welcome! I was skeptical about posting this, but know Im glad I did because It help someone:smile: Remember you are worth loosing the weight, I tell myself this everyday:flowerforyou:
  • AlexPOD88
    AlexPOD88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    great job! its so easy to get discouraged and give up, and im so glad for you that you didnt! im going to try to follow your example - thanks for posting!
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling like this today. I've only been doing it for 3 weeks and have been successful, but I my habits and cravings are very strong. I'm glad I read your post, it gave me inspiration to keep pushing myself.

Thanks!

Helen
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is something that I have learned frm MFP n all you wonderful ppl. Keep on trying & I try to apply this attitude to everything in life!!

needed this post today to give me a boost!! **hugs to all**
  • wish21
    Options
    This is something that I have learned frm MFP n all you wonderful ppl. Keep on trying & I try to apply this attitude to everything in life!!

needed this post today to give me a boost!! **hugs to all**
    Your welcome!:happy:
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great post! And to encourage you, in turn....on wednesday I completely blew my program. The next day I weighed and was up 3 pounfs!! I didn't get discouraged, cause this is a lifestyle now and occasionally I will do that (though not oftrn..like you, I felt like crap afterwards). Anyways, 4 days later I got the extra 3 lbs off the scale (I don't think it was a true gain of those 3 lbs), plus 1 more! So just keep it up!! And beest of luck
  • wish21
    Options
    post deleted
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!