Homeschool moms (and dads) unite!

Options
Thought I'd start a thread for a group I haven't seen on here! Hope you are all having a great year thus far. Us homeschooling parents know that along with our "normal" subjects comes alot of other subjects. I know you are likely teaching your children healthy habits along with you!

I have 2 children: girl age 12 and boy age 13. I've been married 14 years and I've lost 95 lbs thus far. I'm living a healthy lifestyle and rubbing off on my family. I love to Zumba, recently started running, walk, and as of Monday started the 30DS. I have my own blog (outside MFP) where I post my inspirations, and recipes! joy.lewis4life.org Feel free to check it out.

I'm the Youth Director for our senior high at our church. I also baby sit a 4 year old (nearly 5) and do part time work for an interior decorator. On top of all that I am an Independent Lindt Chocolate Consultant. Yes, I have lost 95 lbs and sell chocolate! I EAT it EVERY day too!!!

Looking forward to motivating others thru this thread!

What's your story!

Replies

• fairygirl716
    Options
    completly surprised....

This post has zero replies.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread.. We are a homeschooling family for 12 years now... my screen name says it all.. 8 kiddos.. oldest is 18, gradutated and living on his own. currently schooling 6 of the 7. next in age 14, 11, 9, 9, 7, 5 and 2.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    Welcome! Glad someone finally saw the thread. I think us homeschoolers are really busy and it's nice to have others that are in the same boat to support each other.
  • doriekaye
    doriekaye Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Homeschooling Mom here!! I have 2 girls ages 11 and 8, we've homeschooled from the beginning and we LOVE it!!

I've lost 58lbs so far, most of it was 3 years ago, then life got in the way with the loss of my Mom and having to care for my Dad until he passed away a year ago. Plus all the stuff that goes along with that. But I kept most of the weight off during that time. I found MFP this spring and I love it.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    welcome to the group! Congrats on your loss! Every day is a new day....hope we can support you along the way!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just found this thread (searched homeschool hoping to find some others out there!). :o)
    I just started homeschooling my two kiddos in Oct. 2009 and we LOVE it! I have a 13 yo daughter and an-almost-9 yo son. This year I set up our homeschool schedule to give me the mornings to focus on taking care of myself since I neglected myself all these years. It's so nice having it scheduled into my day so I don't have to worry about how I'm going to fit it in during our hectic evenings.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    welcome to the group! Glad to have ya!
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have five kids ages 1 to 15. I'm homeschooling the three youngest (3rd grade, k, and (pre-preschool :o] ). W e are on year 1, 6 do weeks in and managing ok! It has been quite a transition and I'm struggling to keep up on MFP and also take care of my family and myself. so glad I found some pros!!
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    sorry... six weeks in!!! whoo!
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in . . . more to go!

I'm the homeschool mom to 3 kiddos, we've been homeschooling for 10 years and love it. Glad to see a group for homeschool parents!