just started and need help with finding filling foods

Options
hi everyone :)
i just found this website a few days ago and have been trying to follow the plan it has created for me, but it has been a lot harder than i thought. for the past few days i have found myself very hungry and wanting more food. any suggestions as to what kind of low in calorie foods i could add to my diet that would make me feel more full?

Replies

• closet0modern
    Options
    hi everyone :)
    i just found this website a few days ago and have been trying to follow the plan it has created for me, but it has been a lot harder than i thought. for the past few days i have found myself very hungry and wanting more food. any suggestions as to what kind of low in calorie foods i could add to my diet that would make me feel more full?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese

fage yogurt

celery

cabbage ( I love it raw)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, brown rice, celery, apples, grapefruit, pickles, cucumbers

oh yeah, and welcome to MFP! :)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    broccoli, strawberries.

Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    For me, I like to add a small amount of good fats or protein, much more filling and lasts longer to curb my hunger. My 2 favorites are a small apple with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter and 1 slice of natural whole grain toast with a slice of low-fat swiss!!:heart::heart: :bigsmile:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    yogurt with one cut sliced strawberries and half cup regular all-bran keep me going from 6 -11---then I'll eat another 2 cups of strawberries with a babana at work until lunch at 12:30.

Salad with LOW CALORIE dressing but egg whites, one yolk, kidney beans and garbanzo beans----when I walk 4 miles before work I will add a

baked skinless chicken breast.

Fiber One bars

Zucchini, mushrooms and onions with meals

Sucking on a gobstopper keeps me out of the fridge---

and posting here in the evenings---very low cal:ohwell:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • closet0modern
    Options
    thanks everyone these are very good tips so far :)
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When you fill out your food log, see which nutrients you are getting too much of, and try to balance them out more, this should help a little. And make sure that you drink lots of water! It really makes a difference! Welcome and good luck on your journey! :wink:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    what are you eatng? Can we get a sample meal plan?

How many calories are you set up to lose on MFP?

What are your goals set at 1lb a week or 2lbs a week?

How many calories did you eat before?
  • closet0modern
    Options
    i think my goals are not set properly, it is set at 1200 calories a day which i think is too low at the moment so i will have to fix that. i never actually checked to see how many calories i was eating on a daily basis before, but i eat a LOT of fast food which is something i am trying to stop. i would mostly like snack ideas because i work at two different fast food places and always seem to be hungry and snacking on the food they have there which is really bad for me (usually chips, cookies, pop).
  • TheMeatman
    Options
    i would mostly like snack ideas because i work at two different fast food places and always seem to be hungry and snacking on the food they have there which is really bad for me (usually chips, cookies, pop).

I feel your pain. I am a food trainer for a FRIED CHICKEN company. It's 90% of the reason I've gained so much. I have been doing some research and found items at some fast food joints that aren't too terrible (bad enough but better than nothing.) I've been taking Quaker Chewy granola bars with me, and bags of Cheerios (one cup per bag.) One of the worst things I had to get past was soda. I made the switch to water, even ignoring diet soda. Good luck. You're not alone fighting what feels like a losing battle everyday.
    ~Dave~