Doctor's Visit

Options
So I go to the doctor next week Wednesday, and I've been considering talking to him about my weight. I want to have my thyroid tested because I've barely lost any weight since giving birth to my daughter 7 months ago and I read a lot of women develop thyroid problems from pregnancy.

But I was also thinking about asking for a prescription pill to help with my weightloss because no matter what I try, I'm lucky to lose a pound. All I manage to lose is the water weight.

What do you guys think??

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Every prescription I have ever tried has made me jittery. I wouldn't do it if you have a history of anxiety or depression.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Pills are never the answer and some of them will make you gain double of what you may have lost. just keep trying with exercise and diet and it will eventually pay off. long term is the best. :-)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    definitely ask about your thyroid. i would keep trying to lose weight naturally. what are you doing to lose weight?
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    there is no magic pill although i lost 35lbs with oxyelite pro diet pill from gnc. do ask about the thyroid.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked. If it is under active (hypothyroidism), then getting on the proper amount of thyroid meds will raise your levels back into the normal range, where you'll lose weight at a reasonable pace.

I know because I have hypothyroidism and now that my levels are in the proper range, I'm losing weight just fine.

I personally don't think any "diet" pill is a solution. Possibly bad side effects with limited effectiveness. If there's a medical reason you're not able to lose weight, you want to resolve that before considering anything else.

Good luck next week.
  • AniyahsMommy324
    AniyahsMommy324 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I go for walks with my daughter, do at least 30 minutes on my stationary bike 3+ times a week, weight and circut train, and some dancing. And I stay below 1200 calories a day like I'm recommended!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely ask about a thyroid test... I developed hypothyroidism after the birth of my 3rd child. You seem to be fairly active.. .I wonder if your calorie intake is TOO low?? and are you eating back your exercise calories... I find if I eat back all my exercise calories I keep losing... if I don't my body likes to rebel!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    also..how tall are you?
  • Otrepsi
    Otrepsi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You should never eat less than 1200 calories a day and if you exercise that day, you should be eating much more than that! Eating less than what your body needs to fuel itself will cause your metabolism to try to adjust, meaning it slows down, making it even harder for you to lose weight. If you do this for a long enough time, your metabolism will slow down to the point where you can actually gain weight on such a restricted diet.
  • triscuitsmom08
    triscuitsmom08 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started out losing inches WAY before I EVER saw any pounds falling off. :) If you need a kick starter /natural detox (healthy one not a crazy one) then try Green Smoothies. Its how I kick started my weight loss...just take 3 bananas and 3 LARGE handfuls of baby spinach and a cup of water and blend, chill, stir and enjoy. (Alot of people who've followed me on here will tell you thats really how I started out) :) I know how ya feel trust me!!! I started out at 230 after Mera was born and its taken me almost a year and a half to lose my 50pounds but Ill tell ya this...slow weight loss is healthier for you in the long run. I don't experience really bad weight flucuations (except this last month was the first time but I had also gotten pregnant but it didnt stick). :) If I can do it you DEF can. Get your thyroid checked and if its fine Id def look into the Green Smoothie Challenge :) Its AMAZING and it gives you all sorts of vitamins and stuff naturally ! (I wont like tho it does amazing at getting toxins out just be prepared to have a bad headache for a couple days as your body cleans out...after that its like a natural energy drink I swear lolz)