Help!..(Questions on cheating and binging?)

Options
I think i just murdered my diet and my whole fitness life..

I was doing perfect for 7 months now, and even when i was on holiday i maintained my weight..right until i came back home..and i just can't help but not feel motivated to get right back on track..

I've not worked out for about a week and a half and ofcourse I've been cheating out of my mind..now i can see that i gained a bit of fat accompanied with some bloating..did i just screw it all up? is it going to take forever to get back on track? has any one had anything similiar to this? and did you come back strong?

I seem to know what needs to be done..but this is my first time where ive hit a cheat bump after a prolonged period of fitness and its this opportunity that will make a difference in my life if i turn things around..i just need some peer support and i hope you don't mind giving me some answers/similar stories..

Replies

• qtpieprnsz
    qtpieprnsz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just accept your binge and change it around. Get back on track and find that motivation to go back to your better ways. We all need cheat days every now and again. Just try to not make it a daily thing!!

Good luck to you... you can do it!!:smile:
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    :O You're definitely not alone and I know how you feel, but don't think that a week's worth of this will affect the hard work you've been doing for seven months! You're better than that! You obviously just need to find a way to reaffirm your goals and excite yourself to work out.

I used to suffer from an eating disorder and my life was miserable. I don't remember what made me stop, but I snapped out of it after four years and finally learned how to properly take care of myself. Will I let the years prior to making good choices prevent me from being my best? Of course not. Tomorrow is another day, another week, another month, another year and we have all the time in the world to do the right things.

How long it takes for you to get back on track depends on you. It might be tomorrow, a month from now, a few months from now, but just remember that what is happening right now is not meant to be permanent. - being healthy and living an active life is. Don't beat yourself up over the little things. Your body was probably just craving some of the foods you might have cut out or cut back on and you decided to cave in. It's all good. Things like this happen and we eventually get over it. ^_^ I would recommend taking some time out of your day to figure out why you binge and what has caused it. From there, find a way to mix if you diet and exercise routine. Who knows? Your body might be tired of doing all the same things and this is its way of telling you it wants a change.

Wow. Sorry for the long post. I think I got out of hand.

Good luck! ♥
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Just decide right now which road you are going down - you know the fitness road well, by now. You know you can do it. Just turn around and get right back on the road to health and freedom from being controlled by food.

You can do this!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Just start new tomorrow....get up and start a exercise, dvd, walk or what ever you like.

You can beat yourself up over whats done.....it's done ; )
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    I am feeling the exact same way but you have to just accept the fact that the binging happened it was a mistake and it has to stop somewhere. simple as that! and maybe find someone who can keep you accountable to not mess up again!
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    The worst thing to do is feel pitty and waste more time in the cheat zone.

Accept it...
    Forgive yourself for being human...
    Let it go...
    Move on.........................Simple

*side bar* cheat days are always a good idea. Choose one day a week and eat what you like...look at it as a reward and you will work toward it with pride.
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you've had a tough week and a half. You may have gained a few pounds, but this certainly doesn't put you back to square one! The fact that you have posted on here shows that you do still care and have motivation. You've come so far in those 7 months and you can certainly do it again. Something that has motivated me recently was to make a list (a mental one works) about the benefits of exercise (I previously had done no exercise since I was 16!) so I was quite surprised to feel all the benefits (feeling energised, shiny hair, healthy skin etc). Over the next couple of days you could set yourself mini challenges , eliminating 1 -2 food items from your diary each day and you'll soon be back on track. Just think about why you were doing this in the first place.

Hope you manage to get back on track soon, I'm sure you can do it :-)
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Btw, it might be worth re-reading your profile as its filled with motivational chat and reasons why you started this journey ;-)
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You can't screw up 7 months of hard work with a week and a half off. Promise. You'd REALLY have to be working at it to come anywhere close.

I had a similar situation recently when I moved across the country and took about 2 weeks off (if not longer, really I didn't do much the week before I left or my first week here, so maybe it was more like a month off...) . Anyway, it was hard as HELL to start back up again! Especially running, my first few runs after taking that much time off just totally sucked. But the important thing for me was pushing through the first sucky work-outs by remembering how good I felt when I was running regularly and how crappy I felt not running. I was the same- bloated, not sleeping well, frustrated with myself. Why wouldn't I want to change that? And I knew exactly HOW to change it. So I did.

Also, with the bloating- drink a TON of water and it will disappear fast. If you've been eating out a lot it is probably water retention due to all the sodium they put in restaurant food. Its a complete mystery to me how they get so much sodium into restaurant food...
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've had a really treat heavy two weeks as well, don't beat yourself up about it and just get back on track as soon as you can after :D
    It's really only if you keep going knowing that you're making the unhealthy choices that you'll wreck everything :)

Also yeah, water, water, water! Can't say it enough, it really helps with the bloating and generally making you feel better after all the treats :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes! :D
  • themeds1
    Options
    Thank you all ever so much, my lord i think we really do over exaggerate situations and lose track of our goals and inspirations when we slip up a little..

But thanks to you all, i just i remembered just how not scary this all be, after all i did this, i can undo it just as fast, and i was right to use this forum cause it always help when you find similar people to bring you back to reality after useless slef pittiness and doubt that won't get you anywhere.

I'd be lying to say I'm now a 100% back but I'm at least 50% there thanks to all of you, the other 50% is gonna be me, and you know what I'm vowing to comeback better than ever..cause it's when i do this that i'll prove to myself that I've truly changed to the better, it wasn't that i got fitter and better, it's that i got here, and chose not to get back right?

I hope you guys check back here in a week or 2, causeI'll be posting on how i made a good came back, almost certainly lol =).

Much love and respect.