NHS Couch to 5K

Options
Hey all

I know loads of people on here are dsoing the c25k, well I have started off with a smaller goal.

I got recommended the NHS version, which is brilliant. You download the podcasts and Laura the coach talks you through everything step by step and great music is automatically played for the walk and runs. I have never ran in my life and still cant believe I am now!

Is anyone doing this or anything similar? Would like to hear from others

Kelly

Replies

• Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I used the NHS podcasts and they were just what I needed to get started. I had to try week 1 for a few weeks before I finally conquered it, but I can now run for 30 minutes - I'm still fairly slow, but I figure I can take my time on improving pace.
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recommendation! I shall download now :)
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump! :love:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i am also using he nhs one :):flowerforyou:
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    Here's a link, for anyone thats interested. :o)

http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've just finished week 6 and am loving it.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am half way through Week Five, done alright up to now though a bit worried about next run ...20 minute run...gulp.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Also love Laura! Week 3 session 2 after a false start with shin splints. I am a pathetic runner - if I can do it, anyone can! Go outside and do it though, so much less boring :-)
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've just finished week 6 and am loving it.

Thanks for recommending it to me when u did. I love it, and it's so helping! Cheers hun
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I completed it a few months ago and I repeated some weeks as I thought I wasn't getting the hang of it. I've continued to use the final podcast for my morning runs and try to get a bit faster. A few weeks ago I started some longer runs and managed 10 miles on the first one ( I deliberately chose a slower pace and had no targets - it was just an experiment) without being too exhausted. I can thoroughly recommend this course.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I can do 5k no bother on treadmill but gona do the c25k on road though as i really struggle.
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started straight away on the road as I find it much more exciting and rewarding outside. Especially on a lovely day. Just get kitted up properly

Here's to week2!
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting wk 8 tomorrow, never thought i'd get passed wk 1 never mind get to wk 8.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I've been using the NHS podcasts as well. I just finished week 8 today, so I'm about to go into my last week! I've loved it, the music was great, her tips were helpful
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm not using NHS's version because I didn't know about it until now :) I'm using one of the programs from John "The Penguin" Bingham's books and taking the weekly progress slower than usual because of a 20+ year history of bad knees. I don't have a 5K schedule to meet...yet ;) I just want to be able to start running period.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I am half way through Week Five, done alright up to now though a bit worried about next run ...20 minute run...gulp.

Don't worry about it. If you can do 8 minutes, you can do 20. The first three to five are the hardest no matter what, so once you get past that, it's smooth sailing. :smile:
  • grandmawantstolose
    grandmawantstolose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BUMP :heart:
  • elenas_childcare
    Options
    ive literally just downloaded it now to start using in the gym 2moro haha good luck to me :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Here's a link, for anyone thats interested. :o)

http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

Thank You :happy: