how long it takes to lose the weight?

Options
sabrekism
sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
hi

quick question how long u guys think it takes to lose the weight in a healthy way ?

lets say starting from a 270ish pounds ?

Replies

• Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I began at 245 on january 1st and now im 185. Its taken me almost 10 months to lose 60 pounds. 6 pounds a month! I have 30 pounds to go!
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    I started at 280 lbs and I'm down to around 222 lbs (58 pounds lost) in 8 months.
    I still need to lose another 25 pounds or so (I'm 6' 2"). Not sure how long that will take.

I could probably have lost it faster but losing 1.5 to 2.0 a week is very doable - and losing at that gradual rate means that it doesn't seem so hard and it's a maintainable way to live rather than just a crash diet.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about 10 months to lose 66 lbs...a lot of factors play in to that, though. Guys typically lose weight faster than women do. And some people may not necessarily lose a lot of pounds, but will lose lots of inches.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm losing roughly a half a pound per week. That is my average. Some weeks I will lose 2 pounds then sort of hang on to that weight for a week, or two, then another 2 pounds comes off. I've lost 25 pounds since late March. I don't mind that it is going slowly.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My hubby & I started June 28th, 2011. He's lost 56 and I have lost 37. It just depends on how faithful you are and how dedicated you are willing to be. If you cheat constantly, dont watch your nutrients, then it will take longer. BUT if you are willing to change your life and learn how to eat smart and exercise, then it will be easier.
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    Well, i started MFP at 270lbs in March. Watched my food intake and exercised pretty regularly, and except for maybe a couple weeks here and there where i relaxed or got off track alittle, lost 35lbs so far. Don't really know if that's normal, slow, or fast.....i just figure i'm doing something correct so i keep doing it. :smile:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Age? Health? Gender? Takes as long as it takes. In the end, it doesn't matter how long it takes. It's a life style change forever. It's not a thing with a date on it.
  • darkyr
    darkyr Posts: 2
    Options
    Depends on your metabolism and will power, if you exercise all day and diet it can be pretty fast and healthy !
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    When I was in my 20 & 30's .. I could lose weight with a little effort. I was naturally slim, and very active. Took all kinds of exercise 'classes' (dance, aerobics) ...plus my kids were younger then too .. Was constantly 'on the go'

When I got into my 40's .. took a little MORE effort .. Less active (worked in an office more)...too tired to take as many classes.

Now that I am in my 50's .. It's freekin WORK! ... EVERYTHING is harder. Working out is harder ..because I now have osteoarthritis and joint problems ... and less willpower than I used to .. I LOOVE goodies! I need more sleep, have lower metabolism .. It's like nature is ganging up on me!

Oh, did I mention .. this getting old thing ... SUX !!!