Coconut water

Options
Has anyone tried coconut water? It looks good, but idk if I would like it. Let me know if anyone likes it, or what brand is the best.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I tried several flavors and did not like it.
  • AlynLeigh
    AlynLeigh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Tried it once. Never again unless I am stranded on an Island where it never rains and Coconut water is the ONLY thing to drink. (Ok, an exaggeration but yes, it was unpleasant.)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I like the Naked brand. And by "like" I mean that it hydrates and I don't have to eat stupid bananas to get potassium. It doesn't taste fantastic, but it's better than stupid bananas. :P
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I just had some today..I love it after a great workout...I just had Parrot Young Coconut Juice with pulp....soooo yummy! :wink:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the packaged kind just the kind that comes right out of the young coconuts. Pretty good and makes me want to make a piña coloda (probably not good). But if fresh it does taste good.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    We drink coconut water all the time, it's great...if you like the flavor of coconut. I also add it to smoothies, homemade juices, or just drink it by itself....it's a personal preference. A lot of people don't like coconut water.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It REALLY depends on the brand you buy. It sometimes even varies within a brand. I started with Zico, didn't really like it. Tried Vita-Coco, enjoyed it. Tried Zico again several months later and loved it!
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    what brand would you suggest?
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    what brand would you suggest?

The one I liked best was the Zico natural in the bottle, not the carton. The one in the carton was the first one I tried and didn't like. I think the one in the bottle is a blend of coconuts from different countries while the carton is a single source.
  • ZennzayK
    Options
    I love coconut water - super healthy - lots of electrolytes. I don't like most generic brands - they have a weird after taste. Try to find an organic one - those taste the best to me. Or better yet, drink it straight out of a young coconut! You can get them at Whole Foods for like 3 dollars, same price as it bottled.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love coconut water - super healthy - lots of electrolytes. I don't like most generic brands - they have a weird after taste. Try to find an organic one - those taste the best to me. Or better yet, drink it straight out of a young coconut! You can get them at Whole Foods for like 3 dollars, same price as it bottled.

How do you breach the coconut shell to get to the "water"? Power tools come to mind! haha
  • Doublethink
    Doublethink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like vita coco - Tescos and Waitrose carry it which is helpful. It is completely unsweetened - which is perhaps why it is not so popular.
  • jrn1115
    jrn1115 Posts: 35
    Options
    I tried it and I thought it was gross! However I went into drinking it thinking it would have that processed coconut flavor that we all know and love. It almost tasted like carrot juice (which I"m not a fan of either). However I've heard there are lots of benefits such as decreasing cramping during a tough work out.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I really like it... I use the Zico Coconut Water and I use it to mix into my Shakeology or Beachbody Meal Replacement Formula.