Overate saw great results ? wtf.

Options
** I am going to preface this with AUNT FLO IS IN THE HOUSE, I have had really slow weight loss lately I thought it was because I am nearing my goal weight or a weight my body was comfortable at…

So I ate 2,000 ish calories yesterday of healthy food, I just overate, didn’t exercise, weighed in this morning to keep myself accountable I knew I would see a gain,

135.2lbs

THATS A 2lb loss from wends. and I have been slowly upping my calories all week ? So does this mean

a. keep eating 1,100 - 1,300 and it was a fluke

or

b. up my calories to 1,400 - 1,500 which puts me at a 300 calorie - 400 calorie deficit

(I don’t eat my exercise calories back)

I am 5'3'' petitie, 135lbs and my goal is 120lbs - 115lbs

I run 4 days a week and spin 4 days a week. But I don't have a HRM nor do I want to get one so I don't eat my cals back I just eat more carbs on my exercise days. I know the whole starvation theory I don't really believe in it at all.

Replies

• aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body needs more fuel...why not try eating your exercise calories back and see what happens?
  • samantha_runs
    Options
    the problem is I used this site during the majority of my weight loss, before this account and never tracked them, and I also don't have a hear rate monitor so I feel I would be fairly inaccurate because my Runs and Spin classes vary
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Also...eat more.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I often see losses when I think I shouldn't. That's why I am currently doing a calorie/carb cycle, because for some reason when I eat higher calories and carbs on every 4th day I continue to have great results. But when I stick to the same low cal number, the results are slower.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Tricking the body does help. Sometimes just eating more good calories does the job. I found times that I could eat more calories, walk about 3-4 times per week, mow the lawn and still wow, weight loss. The dietician was always amazed but it makes sense. Just go with the flow, your body will let you know when it's time to go back to less calories. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • samantha_runs
    Options
    thanks looking back at this week it looks like i was closer to 1,100 so I guess Ill just try to consistently hit 1,300 this week, I'm just nervous because that leaves me at a very small calorie deficit.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    thanks looking back at this week it looks like i was closer to 1,100 so I guess Ill just try to consistently hit 1,300 this week, I'm just nervous because that leaves me at a very small calorie deficit.

Also remember that MFP has a deficit already factored in, so even if you are right at the target calorie goal, you still are operating in a deficit unless you put in the stats that you wanted to maintain. With 1300, I think you are definitely "safe" of not gaining weight and don't need to be nervous. I eat 1500 cals and still lose, some people eat even more than me plus all the exercise ones back. Don't be afraid of food. Don't think of it as what makes you gain weight, think of it as what your body needs for fuel to power those workouts you use to lose weight.
  • samantha_runs
    Options
    thanks (: I feel a lot better !