Metabolism Boosters

Options
What would be a good way to boost my metabolism.....does and one recommend taking tablets to help with this...if yes or no....why?...and if yes...what would you recommend?

THanks

Replies

• leeannjenkins
    Options
    What would be a good way to boost my metabolism.....does and one recommend taking tablets to help with this...if yes or no....why?...and if yes...what would you recommend?

THanks
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    Tablets are a waste of money. Drinking more water is said to boost metabolism
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Also try interval training (short bursts of high intensity) during your workouts.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Some spices are natural metabolism boosters. Cayenne pepper is one for sure. Sprinkle a little on your food, or I like to put some in a glass of hot water with lemon (I knoww, it sounds weird). Just a small amount is enough to get you going. Ginger, cinnamon, and garlic are others.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat enough quality food, and exercise to gain muscle, that's how you increase metabolism permenantly.

There are some pills (mostly caffine) that can do it in small intervals for SHORT periods of time, but really it only helps a tiny tiny bit, and if you regularly drink coffee anyway, it doesn't help at all since the body actually builds up a caffine resistance over time. These pills are more for making you FEEL more alert, which can help exercise. But they are to be used sparingly or they become less effective.
  • leeannjenkins
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I've also read that green tea and black teas can help a little.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

THanks

No to tablets or supplements- as Banks said.

LeeAnn- weight training is good for us girls!!! Building muscle is a sure way to boost your metabolism long term!!!:happy:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Cardio first thing in the morning ... some kind of lean protein after workouts (especially soy protein) ... a good night's sleep ... and lots of fiber.
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    A Lot of people swear by green tea supplements. I just started taking them and I have noticed a difference. They are at the grocery store and are super cheap. The Mega Green Tea ones are the ones that I got. I don't care what anyone on this site says, I needed a boost and they worked wonders. I was not jittery or light headed, or anything like that, but I have noticed a difference in my metabolism. You may want to give it a shot.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    A Lot of people swear by green tea supplements. I just started taking them and I have noticed a difference. They are at the grocery store and are super cheap. The Mega Green Tea ones are the ones that I got. I don't care what anyone on this site says, I needed a boost and they worked wonders. I was not jittery or light headed, or anything like that, but I have noticed a difference in my metabolism. You may want to give it a shot.

Caffiene ... as banks said, use sparingly or they'll become less effective over time.
  • cc_003
    cc_003 Posts: 9
    Options
    green tea works. have some before you workout but stay away form sugar in it. black tea does too but not as well. theres some chemical in tea that helps with this, i read about it but cant remember what it's called. however, you need A LOT for it to make any difference at all.. so you have to drink it very regularly. its good for alot of other things too, look it up. tea in general is really good for your body.
    if you're gonna use caffine, i would use it only right before your workout. that way you get the benefits of what it does to the body. coffee here and there is fine, but using a whole bunch of caffine all the time might not work out the best for your metabolism, and not just because of tolerance (look it up too).
    i've heard good things about certain spices and herbs as well, cayanne included (also tumeric)..
    anyway, the best thing for your metabolism, as they said, is muscle mass and a healthy lifestyle.
    but whatever you do stay away from pills.
  • cc_003
    Options
    green tea works. have some before you workout but stay away form sugar in it. black tea does too but not as well. theres some chemical in tea that helps with this, i read about it but cant remember what it's called. however, you need A LOT for it to make any difference at all.. so you have to drink it very regularly. its good for alot of other things too, look it up. tea in general is really good for your body.
    if you're gonna use caffine, i would use it only right before your workout. that way you get the benefits of what it does to the body. coffee here and there is fine, but using a whole bunch of caffine all the time might not work out the best for your metabolism, and not just because of tolerance (look it up too).
    i've heard good things about certain spices and herbs as well, cayanne included (also tumeric)..
    anyway, the best thing for your metabolism, as they said, is muscle mass and a healthy lifestyle.
  • cc_003
    Options
  • cc_003
    Options
  • cc_003
    Options
  • cc_003
    Options
    woah wtf i dont know why theres four of what i wrote, theres supposed to be one! lol :S oops