Options
TRACYW2002
TRACYW2002 Posts: 33 Member
Anyone have any good ground chicken recipes? :smile:

Replies

• _karyn_
    _karyn_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A girl I know who is doing the paleo diet did this, I've made it as is below, and also have subbed in ground chicken for the turkey, it was amazing:

very ripe vine tomatoes (3 medium size),
    1 lb lean ground turkey (or 3-4 chicken breasts)
    2-3 garlic cloves
    fresh basil
    asparagus
    spinach
    mozzarella
    canola or olive oil

1.Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan, medium heat. Mince the garlic and add to the oil (make sure oil isn’t too hot or it will burn the garlic) brown garlic until lightly golden brown.

2. Add meat (if chicken breast prepare by cutting into bite sized cubes) and brown the meat with the garlic. While that is browning on a medium heat start dicing the tomato. Use a sharp knife so that you don’t lose any of the juice in the tomato while slicing.

3. Once meat is cooked push it to one side of the pan and add the tomato to the other side. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the tomato is tender and when you push on them they break up.

4. Add the fresh basil and stir the tomato with the meat. Turn the heat down slightly and cover and simmer for another 10-15 mins. This allows the flavor of the tomato to incorporate with the meat. Make sure you cover it because you don’t want the liquid from the tomato to boil off

5. If you are using asparagus then add approx 5-7 mins before you are ready to serve depending on how thick the stalks are will determine how quickly it will cook. Cut it up into bite size pieces and cover.

6. Add the spinach about a minute or 2 before serving. Stir the fresh spinach in covering it with the tomato juices and the meat. It will start to cook down.

7. Add the shredded almond cheese mozzarella and stir in to melt
  • jgbigman
    jgbigman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I do a variation on groundnut stew with ground chicken instead of cut up chicken thighs. It's basically a delivery mechanism for spicy peanut sauce! Mmmm.

I have also become converted to the so-called PF Chang lettuce wraps. Again, I love that peanut-spicy flavor with the ground chicken. My kids even like these wraps (though I call them "boats" to cut down on broken-wrap frustration).

http://www.congocookbook.com/soup_and_stew_recipes/groundnut_stew.html

http://iowagirleats.com/2011/04/26/p-f-changs-lettuce-wraps-remade/