To be the best I can be

Options
Hi! I joined MFP to try something new b/c my efforts on my own haven't produced the results I want. I figured if I do this, I'll be more accountable and inspired by others. I love working out, and my biggest challenge is diet. My current workout routine includes hot & hatha yoga, running (training for a marathon in Feb.), and weight lifting. My goal is to get a handle on my diet and overcome my emotional eating. My toughest times are 3pm, when I'm around family, and at night (after supper, before bed).

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Before bed is difficult for me as well. Whether I'm hungry or not I always find myself eating more than I should! Feel free to add me if you'd like, we can help to support and motivate each other. Best of luck, and I can't wait to start seeing your progress! :D
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These times use to be a problem for me as well until I changed the way I eat. I now eat a big breakfast - didn't use to eat breakfast much so this was a huge challenge for me. I eat a big lunch. I eat soup or salad for dinner making this my smallest meal. I allow myself as much fruit and veggies as I want throughout the day which keeps me from ever feeling like I am deprived. I found after about a week of eating this way that I wasn't really hungry at night. I am never hungry and I am losing fairly slowly but consistently. The thing I have realized after 25 years of dieting is that diets don't work. I now finally understand that it has to be a permanent change of lifestyle. So I am on a healthy lifestyle journey. I don't pay too much attention to the scale but instead have set other tangible goals for myself to measure my success to achieve health. It has begun to change my whole mindset of how I see food and how I live. Losing weight is now secondary and it will eventually happen as I become the healthy person I desire to be. But if I make a specific amount of weight my goal then I set myself up for failure because then what do I do? I go back to the same old habits.
    Someone on the site posted this saying by Zig Ziglar that I believe says it best:
    "What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goal."