Keurig Coffee Machine

Options
I'm having problems with my machine and I'm wondering if anybody can help me before I sit on the phone with customer service. When the machine brews my cup of coffee it is coming out watered down. I think I'm going to try to de-scale the machine even though the de-scale button isn't lit up informing me that it needs to be done. I also attempted to use one of those filters which allow you to add your own coffee grounds rather than a K-cup and it made such a mess. It sprayed out coffee grounds and water everywhere! Anybody else have these problems with their machine? I would appreciate any help I can get, thanks!

Replies

• MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a problem with the heating element? I would try the descale first and see what happens. I've had mine prob 5 months with no problems yet...I LOVE IT!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It sounds like in addition to descaling you need to remove the K-Cup holder and carefully clean it. It may be clogged by deposits or grounds. Be careful because of the sharp needle. Keurigs are awesome, but do require regular maintenance. Mine had actually stopped working altogether, but they have superb customer service and they actually replaced it. All I had to do in return was mail them the K-cup holder. If you haven't registered your Keurig, I strongly suggest it (in case yours shuts down completely, too).

So if all fails, do not hesitate to call them.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My mom has had problems with hers off and on. Everytime she thinks she is just going to send it back it works right. This time the warranty is up. :( It brews only half a cup. She has tried descaling it over and over. It is pretty sad when a $200 coffee maker only lasts a year and the cheap $20 coffee makers last MANY of years.
  • The_Sue
    The_Sue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When you use the reusable filter, keep it in the grey container (it may be a different colour, my friends is grey) and put that entire thing in the Keurig. The black thing that you put the normal cups in does pop out so that you can put the grey one in.

http://www.coffeehabitat.com/2007/10/keurig-reusable/
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Have you checked all the lines/needles, etc to see if anything is clogged or jammed? You said you had a problem recently with exploding coffee grounds, so it's possible there could be grounds trapped somewhere in the machine.

If not, then I would definitely de-scale. When my coffee machine (I don't have a Keurig though) is behaving strangely, it's usually because it needs to be de-scaled. My water is really really hard so the minerals build up on everything, especially the heating elements.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I can't be of any help to you but appreciate you letting others know about problems with the machine. I keep looking at it as I breeze through Costco all the time and while wondering if a $150 coffee machine is really worth that price. I've seen all the little gourmet coffee k-cups while quietly wishing a nice fancy cup of coffee in the morning was that easy. BTW, I'm only allowed 1-2 cups per day. My system cannot deal with more caffeine than that. I hope you're able to resolve the issue. Best resolution prospect: CALL TECH SUPPORT

Stay happy :)