FB Question

Options
NKF92879
NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
Does anyone know anything about deactivating Facebook pages? My mom passed away last month, and before she passed she had asked that we deactivate her account after she passes. I deactivated it a few weeks ago, but this morning her account is up and running. It is possible that my brother put it back up, and I'll be calling him later but it's still kind of weird. Any ideas?

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    You can deactive it but as soon as somebody logs back into it, for watever reason, it automatically reactivates it.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I really don't know. Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. :flowerforyou:
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can deactivate it, then it gives you 14 days to log back in and if you do it wont deactivate it. But that next time when you do try to log back in it gives you a chance to click and deactivate it then before the 14 days.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    So either my brother logged into it, or somebody hacked it. Thanks!
  • starrnj
    starrnj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How do I deactivate my account?
    Basics » Privacy
    Expand All · Share
    How do I deactivate my account?
    To deactivate your account:
    Click the account menu at the top right of any Facebook page
    Choose Account Settings
    Select Security from the left-hand menu
    Click on "Deactivate your account"
    When you deactivate your account, your profile (timeline) and all information associated with it disappears from the Facebook service immediately. People on Facebook will not be able to search for you or view any of your information.

If you’d like to come back to Facebook anytime after you’ve deactivated your account, you can reactivate your account by logging in with your email and password. Your profile (timeline) will be restored in its entirety (friends, photos, interests, etc.). Remember that you will need to have access to the login email address for your account in order to reactivate it.
    Permalink · Share
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    After you deactivate it from the site, I think you have to confirm it from the email too.
  • starrnj
    starrnj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your mom
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your mum!! That must be unbearable. Nat xx
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    FB will not help you at all, unless you send a certified letter with the Death Cert. They are a free service. If you are not paying them for advertising or if its not a court order--- Your request will go upon def ears. Sorry for your loss........